There have been years in the past where I spend the end of December getting clear about my goals and intentions for the next year, cutting cords and clearing away old energy, and getting organized for a fresh start. This year, I’m doing it a bit differently. After a crazy December with a trip to Mexico, getting Covid, quarantining, and then rushing to get all of the holiday things done, there wasn’t much time for pre-planning. So I’m taking this January a little bit slower and taking off the pressure to have everything all figured out right at the start of the year.
I’m easing into it this year! I’m spending January reflecting on the last year (or few) and getting clear about my intentions for 2022. I’ve been making my way through this journal that’s from the same maker as two of my other favorite journals (the Five Minute Journal and the Productivity Planner) and taking time to really think things over.
So yes, I still plan to share my 2022 Word of the Year and some of my goals and intentions, but I’m taking my time with it instead of racing out of the gate. It’s a marathon, not a sprint! 🐎
January is also a time where I do a deep dive into analytics for my businesses. For the blog and Instagram, that means taking a look at what content performed the best, along with what products you’re purchasing from my recommendations. In 2019, I pulled together a list of Reader Favorites and it was a hit so I wanted to bring it back! These are the top products that you clicked, bought, and (hopefully!) loved based on my recommendations.
2021 Reader Favorites
1. Yunoga Leggings on Amazon | I can’t say enough good things about these leggings that are less than $25! I actually like them better than the Lululemon Align leggings because they feel pretty similar with just a little bit more compression, which I personally love! I have multiple pairs in multiple colors. Highlyyyy recommend if you haven’t tried them yet!
2. Wine Away Stain Spray | I’ve had so many people tell me how this spray essentially saved their marriage, haha! It’s truly magic. Couches, carpet, clothing, rugs, upholstery, towels, you name it. It works on blood and coffee stains, too!
4. Mini Alida Ring at Bauble Bar | I have this ring in multiple colors and I just love them so much! It’s currently on sale for over 50% off so it’s a great time to treat yourself to some new bling for the new year.
5. Fré Detox Mask | This mask is a must for after sweaty workouts! I share it all the time on my Instagram Stories. You apply it to damp skin and let it sit for a few minutes, and then I rinse it off in the shower! It’s got a little bit of grit to it and makes your skin feel so soft and smooth. You can always use my code BSS for 15% off!
6. Source Naturals Wellness Formula | I started taking this when I was sick with Covid and I swear it helped clear away my symptoms even faster! I’ve been taking a few of the pills every day since to stay healthy this winter. Forewarning: they taste terrible so you have to swallow them with some sort of flavored beverage! I haven’t tried this liquid version yet, but it might be more palatable.
7. Biossance Squalane + Glycolic Renewal Mask | I love that you guys love masking as much as I do! This particular mask is clean and planet positive. I first tried it when my Goop mask ran out. I absolutely adore the Goop Glow Microderm Instant Glow Exfoliator (it’s like an instant facial at home!), but it’s very pricey and not a clean product. This Biossance Mask is a pretty good, much gentler alternative for a fraction of the cost!
8. Teva Sandal Dupes on Amazon | My Teva dupes were a big hit! I got this pair of actual Tevas and ended up loving them enough that I wanted them in multiple colors. Considering they’re so specific and seasonal, I searched on Amazon for a similar style and found these that are almost identical. (I’m usually an 8.5 and got a size 9.) In a similar fashion, I also got this pair that reminded me of the Loeffler Randall Maisie sandals for much less! PS – I found a few pairs of the LR sandals marked down.
9. Nike Court Vision Sneakers | I shared these right before Lollapalooza because I was searching for a less clunky version of the trendy Air Force 1’s and found these. You can see them here! Comfy and no break-in time. I’m normally an 8.5 and took an 8 in these!
10. Arched Mirror at Target | I got a similar mirror for my entry way, but I shared this mirror as an example of what I was looking for in black! Such a great deal. This is the mirror I ended up getting, which was unfortunately more expensive, but is available in black, gold, and white.
And I can’t forget my SidePeace cases! This was my #1 product by a landslide and I cannot thank you enough for all of your support. We’re having a pretty epic TWENTY TWO sale where cases are marked down to $22! So if you haven’t gotten yours yet, I’d be forever grateful if you could help us clear out the warehouse. (Aka: my bedroom and storage unit 🤪📦) Tell your friends!