On one hand, I can’t believe Memorial Day Weekend has come and gone, but on the other hand, I feel like the weekend truly felt like a long weekend. I was in major “StayCation” mode this weekend… I opted to say in the city instead of head out to the Hamptons and it was the perfect mix of relaxation and productivity!
I took 4 SoulCycle classes, tried Citi Bike for the first time (and ended up taking 4 different rides with my 24-hour pass), took a trip to The Container Store, made progress in unpacking and solving my shoe storage dilemmas, went to brunch at Five Points with Hallie, shot 3 outfits for the blog, worked on a few upcoming blog posts, explored Williamsburg (Brooklyn) a bit, went to a BBQ on a friend’s FiDi rooftop, stumbled upon a cute little café in Brooklyn, got a lot of use out of my kitchen, did a little bit of shopping, went and saw a mural I’d been wanting to check out, managed to get a good night of sleep each night, and even took a 2 hour nap on Sunday (or maybe it was a food coma). It was (for the most part) healthy, active, low-key, and all around perfect. As much as I hate to see the weekend go, I feel so refreshed and ready to start the week!
Since my workouts each day were followed by lots of exploring and errand running, I was pretty much living in my adidas Boyfriend Tees. They are so perfect for workouts and beyond! From Soul Cycle, to brunch, to biking around Manhattan, this tee was all I needed. It’s just the right amount of slouchy and I love how it’s a little bit burnt-out. I kept my adidas Boyfriend Hoodie nearby to toss on when the temps dipped down. It’s perfect for those morning workouts when it might be chilly on your way to the gym and I also love to throw it on post-workout when my body temperature is readjusting.
I wore my new pair of Springblades all day on Sunday and couldn’t have been happier! They are so comfortable! I got a lot of compliments and inquiries about them, too. They’re definitely a conversation starter!
Photos taken by Hallie Wilson
MZ Wallace Tote | Smart Water | Happy Plugs Gold Headphones | iPod Shuffle | Almonds | Larabars | adidas Hat | Degree Deodorant | It’s a 10 Spray | Wide-Tooth Comb | Six Degrees Hair Ties | Clean & Clear Wipes | Freeze 24-7 Eyecing Eye Cream | Boscia Clear Complexion Moisturizer | Chloe Eau de Parfum | Stila Stay-All-Day Waterproof Mascara | Clinique Super City Block | Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Face Wash | Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash | Vaseline Spray & Go | Neutrogena Ulta Sheer SPF Spray
Because making a pit stop at my apartment never really made sense this weekend, I made sure my gym bag was packed with all of my necessities for pre- & post-gym. I have a few tips that I swear by for before & after the gym, especially when you’re on the go.
1. Always have a hat! Hats are perfect for covering a multitude of sins. If you’re leaving the gym without makeup and sweat-drenched hair (like I am here), a hat is a must-have for a slightly incognito look! Oh, and sunglasses, too.
2. To keep breakouts at bay, I always try to rinse my body and wash my face with some sort of Salicylic Acid cleanser. Two of my favorites are the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser & Body Wash.
3. Keep a Toiletries Bag Packed. It ensures you never forget anything you’ll need! Since I’m always rushing, I don’t have time to make sure I am remembering everything I need to take with me in the morning. To me, it was worth the investment to make sure I have doubles or travel-size bottles of my must-have toiletries for before & after the gym. Deodorant, eye cream, moisturizer, lotion, SPF, a leave-in hair tonic, perfume, hair-ties, etc. If you’re working out outdoors, make sure you’re applying SPF before you head out the door! (I made sure to put it on as I was biking around the city. I’m all about getting a tan, but I definitely don’t want to burn!)
4. Snacks! I have a hard time functioning if I’m hungry, especially post-workout. I believe the term is HANGRY. I always try to keep a few snacks on me incase I don’t have time for a meal. My favorites are Larabars and pre-packaged servings of Almonds from Trader Joe’s.
5. Makeup Removing Wipes. I can’t get enough of these!! I use them to remove my face makeup before working out. If I’m walking home after the gym, it can be 30 minutes before I am able to take a shower. So I’ll use these before I leave the gym to make sure I don’t have sweat sitting on my face for 30 minutes. (I also keep a pack of these by my bed for those nights that I can’t muster up the energy to wash my face before hitting the hay. Terrible habit, I know.)
A few multi-tasking products that have made my life easier..
Clinique City Block – Now that it’s unofficially summer, you definitely need to remember the SPF! I’ve been using Clinique City Block since before college. I love how it’s oil-free and lightweight. It’s ever-so-slightly tinted, too, which gives you that extra little boost of confidence leaving the gym.
Vaseline Spray Lotion – Makes moisturizing post-shower such a breeze!
It’s a 10 Hair Spray – I use this at home, and I use it at the gym, too! One product is really all you need post-shower. I spray it on my tower-dried hair and brush with a wide-tooth comb.
adidas Women designs innovative performance products to help women commit to their best self and conquer their fitness goals. We inspire women to look and feel their best, so kick-start your workout today with new styles from @adidasWomen. It’s time to #committomore. www.adidas.com/women | Disclosure: Compensation was provided by adidas via Glam Media. As always, all opinions are my own! Thanks for supporting the brands and collaborations that make Bows & Sequins possible!