To kick off my annual series of Gift Guides, I always start with my very own (excessively extravagant) wish list. If you’re wondering why, you’re not alone… Earlier this week I was thinking back to why I started doing things like that and remembered the original reason. Bows & Sequins’ “birthday” is November 12th (the blog just turned eight yesterday!) and I usually start my guides the second week of November, so it just kind of made sense to start with a birthday wish list of sorts.
Spoiler Alert: I’ve been told that I’m very hard to shop for. (Which, by the way, I’ve never really understood. I literally post things that I love on my blog on a weekly basis, haha.) But if you’ve got a girl on your list that you feel similarly about, here are thirteen gifts that have my stamp of approval! From one discerning eye to another, haha. 😉
You know I’m one to always over-analyze, but I think the whole neutral* vibe is interesting. I think my preferences have really started to shift… On one hand, I always gravitate towards dark colors and neutrals in the winter months. And maybe on one hand, it has something to do with getting older. Don’t get me wrong, I definitely still LOVE color. But I think this whole Remote Year experience has definitely influenced the way I think about adding a piece to my closet and/or suitcase. I’m all about maximum versatility these days! (*And yes, leopard and metallics are definitely neutrals in my mind. Neutrals with a bit more of a playful personality!)
1. Stacking Rings | 2. Crossbody Bag | 3. Metallic Puffer Jacket | 4. Sparkly Leopard Sneakers | 5. Quilted Backpack | 6. Star-Studded Sunglasses | 7. Leopard Snow Boots | 8. AirPods | 9. Flower Earrings | 10. Face Roller | 11. Fur-Lined Leather Slides | 12. Monogrammed Star-Print iPhone Case | 13. Leopard Computer Sleeve
- These BaubleBar stacking bands are too cute. I love the look of eternity bands and you can’t beat the price for classic-looking pieces of jewelry. ($42 for the set of two!) I also love this one, this one, and this one!
- It’s no secret that I am quick to gravitate towards a Gucci crossbody bag, haha. I love the thick green and red strap on this one!
- I want both of these J.Crew metallic puffer jackets so dang badly! What a fun way to brighten up a dreary winter day. And so perfect for a ski trip, too. I truly can’t decide which one I like best, so I had to include both the silver and the rose gold. They’re currently 25% off, FYI! (But if you’re looking for good dupe for less, this Old Navy rose gold jacket is currently 40% off, coming out to a total steal of $35!)
- I’m not sure that I’ve ever loved a pair of sneakers more. (And you know that for as girly as I am, I’m a total sneaker fiend, so that’s saying a lot.) When I saw these Golden Goose sneakers with a subtly sparkly leopard print, I about died. They’re incredibly neutral and versatile! I always thought a classic pair would be my first pair of GG sneakers, but these are for sure the winners. I want them SO badly! If you’re looking for a more affordable alternative, I’m also obsessed with these sparkly Vans that are currently on sale for less than $50! This metallic leather pair with the stars is so cool, too. But if you’re going for the classic route with the Golden Goose sneakers, this pair and this pair are my faves.
- I can’t decide between the MZ Wallace small quilted backpack or the regular quilted size. I feel like I would need to test them out in person, but I’ve been coveting this style since early this year. Originally, I wanted the olive green color, but it appears to be sold out everywhere. I do like this champagne color though, as it’s such a great neutral that goes with everything! I’ve also got the Belt Bag, the Metro Organizer, and the Metro Pouch on my mental wish list, too.
- My friend, Merritt, has these Gucci star-studded sunglasses and I absolutely love them! I tried them on when we were in Japan together earlier this year and it they’re too fab for words. I love them in black, too! A few more pairs of statement sunnies I can’t get enough of: this red & blue striped pair, this aviator pair, and this mirrored pair.
- You guys KNOW how much I love the classic J.Crew Nordic Boots. I wrote this post two winters ago when they were sold out and finally tracked down a pair. Fast-forward to the first time I wore them up in Wisconsin with some friends for a NYE getaway and I f*cking ruined them in the snow. To be honest, I didn’t even think to leather protect them, as they’re literally SNOW BOOTS. I was pissed. And honestly the stains were pretty bad so I just ended up selling them on Poshmark for cheap. I never even got to photograph them with an outfit, haha! PROTECT YOURS IF YOU GET THE CLASSIC SUEDE PAIR! Anyway, haha — When I saw this leopard version, I added them to my cart instantly. I feel like the calf hair would actually not get ruined as easily! I love love love them. (And they’d look so cute with this sweater and black jeans!)
- I just lost my regular Apple headphones at WeWork yesterday and it was the final push I needed to track down a pair of Airpods here in Colombia. I’ve been feeling so tethered by my regular ones lately, and everyone I know that has the Airpods loves them!
- I love these dark BaubleBar earrings! I think the black and gold pairs perfectly with blonde hair and looks great with any LBD for the holidays.
- I had to include a jade roller! I’ve somehow lost mine on this trip (well over a month ago, I think I left it in Lima) and for the life of me, I cannot find one in Colombia. I’m honestly surprised my friends here haven’t ordered me one so I’ll STFU about not having it, haha. This one by Skin Gym is super cute! (I personally would order this set to get both tools!)
- The infamous furry Gucci slides! Say what you will, but this is a trend that hasn’t gone away. I’ll admit, I hated them two years ago when they first came out, but then I saw a girl wearing them with sweatpants and a long coat to grab a coffee at Ob La Di in Paris a few weeks later and changed my mind immediately. Chic AF. Obsessed. Still need them. If the fur really isn’t your cup of tea, you can’t go wrong with this raffia pair (I die!), this classic brown leather loafer, or the black slides.
- Minnie & Emma makes my favorite monogrammed phone cases and I can’t wait to order a new one when I’m stateside. (My case right now is durable, but pretty UG-LY.) I love this star print and the rose one, too!
- I’m absolutely in love with this new MZ Wallace leopard print and this little computer sleeve is just what I need. (I’m still carrying a polka dot MBMJ computer sleeve from 2011 that’s 4″ too big and an inch too thick for my laptop, haha.)
2018 Holiday Gift Guides
#1: Jessica’s Wish List