Mother’s Day gifts are definitely not one-size-fits all! You know your mom the best, but we can always use a little gift inspiration.. Am I right? Even though I am so close with my mom, she’s probably one of the hardest people to shop for. We have really similar taste most of the time, but can be polar opposites other times. When it comes to shopping for gifts for my mom, I try to think one step ahead and think of things that she doesn’t even know she wants or needs. Or things that I know she won’t splurge on for herself!
A few gifts I’ve gotten my mom over the past few years that she’s loved…
- Fitness Tracker // My mom isn’t really the athletic type, but she’s constantly running around all day long. She’s a lady on the go, that’s for sure! I got her and my dad Jawbone UP3 bands for Christmas and they love them. I thought there would be a steep learning curve and early morning calls (“Jessica, I can’t figure out how to sync my band to the app. It’s not working!!”), but they figured it out pretty quickly! It’s fun being on the same ‘team’ with them, too. 🙂 I’ve been an avid Jawbone user for quite a few years, but FitBit just released their slimmest band yet and I think it might be my next one when my current Jawbone gives out.
- Robe // I think my love for bath robes is genetic. I always joke that the hours I spend in a robe could rival Hugh Hefner, but my mom might have me beat. I got her a fluffy new robe two Christmases ago and she loved it! It’s one of those little things that she doesn’t think to replace herself, you know? Little luxuries!
- Sneakers // When my mom visited NYC a few summers ago, we spent an afternoon sneaker shopping in Soho. Like I said, she’s a lady on the go! Comfortable shoes that don’t look geriatric are a must. Most recently, I ordered her a pair of all-white Stan Smiths and she claims she loves them! I haven’t been home in a few months so I haven’t been around to see if she actually wears them. 😉
- Speakers // My mom loves to rock out to her music when she’s working at the office after business hours, when she’s driving, when she’s working in the yard.. Basically anytime she’s not sleeping. But when I saw she was just listening to music playing over her iPhone speaker, I immediately ordered her this wireless speaker (after I stopped laughing at her) that she can tote around the house, no matter if she’s in the kitchen, her bedroom, the laundry room, or even outside.
- Beauty Products // Every time my mom stays at my apartment, she falls in love with some sort of product that I have. When she was visiting me in New York a few years ago, she had to have my shampoo and conditioner so we ordered it from my salon and had it sent to the house. (Salon-quality shampoo and conditioner is definitely a little luxury that moms might not buy for themselves!) I test and try so many different beauty products and I’ll always keep a bag of products that I think my mom will love to take to her when I see her. Most recently, I’ve gotten her hooked on L’Occitane hand cream!
And now for a few other gifts that I know my mom (and yours, too!) would love…
Map Necklace // This is probably one of the most special pieces of jewelry you can gift someone! A tiny diamond marks the spot of a place that holds a special place in your heart… It can be anywhere you please, you get to completely customize the map! For your mom, maybe it’s the two of you’s favorite place to go together, a favorite vacation spot, or maybe it’s your childhood home. For couples, maybe it’s where your engagement happened, your first home, where you got married, your first date, or where you met. Wherever it may be, you can choose from silver, gold, and rose gold and choose your shape, too — round, rectangle, heart, circle, etc. I have a heart-shaped necklace with my last New York address and it’s such a special piece in my jewelry collection! Highly recommend checking these out!
La Mer // My mom has very dry skin so I know she would love a La Mer set! My mom has always taught me to invest in high-quality skincare products, but I don’t believe she’s tried La Mer yet.
Jewelry & Accessories // I love to go shopping with my mom and pick out clothes with her, but I always struggle with sizing if she’s not with me to try the clothes on. Jewelry is an option that always fits! My mom always loves a scarf, bangle, or cuff bracelet.
Handbag // I undoubtedly got my penchant for navy blue from my mom! My mom has had eyes for my navy Kate Spade bag ever since I got it this past fall and kicks herself for not buying it, too. I think this Tory Burch bag or this Kate Spade bag would be the perfect replacement!
iPhone Case // A personalized iPhone or iPad cover would be such a fun gift, too! Minnie & Emma is my favorite brand for custom cases.
Still can’t decide? A Nordstrom gift card is always a great idea so she can spoil herself!
What are you doing for your mom this Mother’s Day?!