Back again today with another gift guide that’s been popularly requested… Gifts for your partner’s family! If you have a hard to shop for father-in-law or MIL, you’re in the right place. Here are a bunch of gifts I’ve personally given or things I know my boyfriend’s parents would like!
1. Cordless Table Lamps | 2. Brightland Olive Oils | 3. Custom Photo Books | 4. Coravin Wine by the Glass System | 5. Our Place Always Pan | 6. Estelle Colored Glasses | 7. Custom House Portrait | 8. Wine Away Stain Spray | 9. Storyworth | 10. Safari Style Coffee Table Book
- Zafferano Touch Cordless Table Lamps | I first saw these at Dave’s parents house and have since seen them at a few restaurants, too. They’re (dimmable!) rechargeable table lamps that are turned on by touching the top. They come in a variety of finishes and three different heights; Micro, Mini, and Pro. They’re suitable for indoor/outdoor use, so they’re actually on my personal wish list for patio season next summer!
- Brightland Olive Oils and Vinegars | If your parents or in-laws like to cook, I’m sure they’d appreciate a set of Brightland Olive Oils and/or Vinegars. With Brightland, you know exactly what you’re getting – authentic olive oils and vinegars that are never rotten, over-processed, or fraudulent. With absolutely no fillers or artificial preservatives! They source their olives from a family-run California farm, then cold-press them into custom-blended oils… ARDOR olive oil infused with red chili peppers, jalapeño peppers, chipotle peppers, & paprika, ROSETTE olive oil infused with garlic, LUCID olive oil infused with lemon, and ARISE olive oil infused with basil. Brightland was one of Oprah’s favorite things for good reason!
- Artifact Uprising Photo Books | These custom photo books are the best to commemorate a trip or special event, or even old photos that you’ve scanned in. (I made Dave a book last year with all of the pictures he’s taken of me asleep, haha!) Especially in the digital world we live in today where we’re taking so many pictures, we don’t get to see those pictures in physical form very often. From my experience, parents and in-laws love a gift like this! (And since Dave already ruined the surprise texting in the wrong family group chat, I can tell you that we got Dave’s parents a book with pictures and funny quotes and memories from our Italy trip this fall.) You can use my link for $20 off your first order!
- Coravin Wine by the Glass System | I’ve talked about this multiple times in different Gift Guides or Prime Day promotions, but this thing will definitely be on my registry some day. The Coravin allows you to pour wine effortlessly without removing the cork, so you can enjoy the rest of the bottle for weeks, months, or even years! It’s a wine preservation system that keeps your wine safe from oxidation, allowing it to continue to age naturally in the bottle. If your parents or in-laws have a wine collection, this gift would totally be a hit.
- Our Place Always Pan | Since I’m pretty sure he already told her, or at least confirmed it was something she’d want, this was one of the things we got Dave’s mom for Christmas this year. She got Dave this pan a few years for his birthday and we thought it would be a good gift for her because it’s lightweight and so easy to clean. Easy to leave on the stovetop looks wise, so you don’t have to worry about getting it in and out of cabinets. Plus, chances are they don’t have anything from Our Place since it’s relatively new, in the grand scheme of things!
- Estelle Colored Glasses | If your parents or in-laws are frequently entertaining or love a beautiful tablescape, a set of glasses from Estelle Colored Glass would make a great gift. It’s a Black-owned brand out of South Carolina that sells vintage-inspired handblown glass in all colors of the rainbow. They come in pairs, as well as sets of six, and are available in so many different styles… Martini, Wine, Stemless, Coupes, Rocks, Champagne, and more. (The smoke-colored glasses are on my personal wish list!)
- Custom House Portrait | This is on my future gift list for Dave’s parents! (Can you tell they have impeccable taste yet?! IDK what it is, but they’re the easiest people to shop for in my mind. Maybe because we’ve only had a few years together so far, ha!) Anyway, this is such a beautiful way to honor a home you spent a lot of time in. I imagine it being a piece that’s passed down through generations!
- Wine Away Stain Spray | With all of this talk of wine, Wine Away is always such a great stocking stuffer or hostess gift! It’s a miracle worker on carpet, upholstery, clothes, etc. A must for holiday gatherings!
- Storyworth | Here’s my little humble brag moment… I saw this Storyworth idea online last year and I wanted to get it for Dave’s dad. Dave thought his dad would think it was annoying to answer the weekly prompt that’s emailed to the gift recipient, and later made into a book for the whole family, so we nixed it. Turns out, Dave’s SIL got it for him last year, and he said it’s the best gift he’s ever been given!! So there’s that.
- Coffee Table Book | You can rarely go wrong with a nice coffee table book! I got Dave’s mom this Safari Style book for Christmas last year (got one for myself, too!) because it matches their decor and she’s always wanted go on a safari. There’s a beautiful coffee table book for every type of interest… Art, architecture, sports, photography, decor, lifestyle, food, culture, travel, music, cars, you name it. Taschen is a good place to start!
2022 Holiday Gift Guides
#1: For Him | #2: Parents & In-Laws | #3 Dogs & Pets
PS: If you’re ever in need of shopping and/or gifting assistance, I can help with that! You can find out more here. And if you need to reference back, you can always find all of my previous gift guides here!