It’s OFFICIALLY summer, you guys! I couldn’t be more thrilled… I friggen LIVE for this season. Summer is my effing JAM. I went through a period of life where I really liked fall a few years ago, but summer is where it’s at. It’s felt like it for a few weeks now (very lucky for us Chicagoans!), but now it’s officially here and we can bask in everything sweet and sunny that the next 99 days have to offer!
Over the years, I’ve found that I hold myself way more accountable when I make a list. Whether that’s a bucket list or a to-do list or some other type of list that’s currently escaping me, I’m much more likely to accomplish something if I’ve written it down and get to cross it off. It kind of helps with that fleeting feeling, too!
Here are 20 things I’ve got on my bucket list this summer…
- Try 5 new-to-me rooftops/patios
- Cubs game (I went to the home opener earlier this year, but the weather was so gross. Nothing beats a sunny afternoon at Wrigley!)
- Nantucket (✔️ I’ll be in there in August for Mackenzie‘s wedding!)
- Hamptons weekend with Lauren!
- Play mini golf
- Walk on the 606 (I know, I know… I’ve never been on it!)
- Have a BBQ at my place
- Bike along the lake*
- Hit up Parson’s
- Have a picnic
- Get Jeni’s
- Go to a movie (Indoor counts, but outdoor is preferred!)
- Spa day (preferably at the Pen)
- Make boozy popsicles
- Read 3 books start-to-finish
- Rent a boat for the 4th! (✔️)
- Take a boxing class (Any recommendations in Chicago?!)
- Green City Market
- Try 5 new restaurants (separate from the patios above!)
- Go stand up paddle boarding (I did this the first weekend I moved here in 2015 and thought it was so fun!)
*After biking in Santa Barbara last week, I really want to buy a bike (a beach cruiser) to have here in Chicago! Can’t decide if I’m being impulsive or not… Do you think I’d use it?! I feel like I would have such a blast taking a little ride in the mornings along the lakefront path.