Back at it with another seasonal guide to NYC! (You can see last year’s holiday guide here and this past summer’s guide here — most of my favorite picks are still relevant!) Only a few more weeks until Christmas.. Can you believe it?! That means I only have a few weeks to get all of these fun and festive things crossed off of my holiday bucket list. From ice skating, to the best pop-up shops, to my favorite hot chocolate, it will be a busy few weeks! Thankfully my parents will be in town for a quick trip this week so it will be the perfect excuse to cross a few things off of my winter To-Do List in New York City!
- Visit to the Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center! I mean, how can you not?
- See all of the Christmas Windows! — Henri Bendel, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks, Tiffany, Lord & Taylor, and Macy’s are always my favorites!
- Shop at the Sorel Pop-Up Shop! Who doesn’t love a good pair of Sorel boots? Especially this time of year! Can’t wait to shop them in person in the Meatpacking district. (Doesn’t close until February 2015!)
- Get a drink at Rolf’s! The bar has Christmas oozing from every inch of space year round, but it feels especially festive during the holidays. (Check out some photos here!)
- Go shopping at #73SpringShop — It’s only open until 12/13 so the days to do so are limited. The space is stocked full of the best decor, clothing, and accessories on the market! You’ll find Society Social, Design Darling, Loren Hope, Inslee by Design, Three Jane, & Persifor. I got a sneak peek the other night, but I’m definitely going back to shop soon. So many goodies! (And it’s by far the cutest store I’ve ever been in!)
- Visit the Veuve Pop-Up Bar at Saks. Apparently there’s an old-fashioned soda shop serving up Veuve Clicquot (and some small bites) on the 5th Floor! I can’t wait to check it out… You can buy bottles to bring home or gift, too! And I’m sure the space is very Insta-worthy. 😉 (Open through 1/3/15)
- Go Ice Skating at Bryant Park. I always love browsing their holiday shops, too!
- Visit the new Dana’s Bakery in Gansevoort Market. Who can say no to holiday macarons?!
- Shop at Cuyana Pop-Up Shop in Soho! It’s only open for five days — 12/10-12/14. Can’t wait to shop some of my favorite bags in person!
- City Bakery for Hot Chocolate — It’s so good!
- Go Ice Skating at Rockefeller Center
- Shop at the new Vineyard Vines store on the Upper East Side
- Walk around while it’s snowing. I know this seems kind of unpleasant, but I took a walk through Greenwich Village and Washington Square Park last year during our first big snowfall and it was so unbelievably peaceful and gorgeous. (And that’s when I took the photo at the top of this post!) Just make sure you bundle up with your Bean Boots, a warm puffer coat, gloves, a hat, and a scarf. 😉
- See the tree at The Palace Hotel. Hallie and I went last year (see those pictures here!) and it was so festive and magical.
- Go Ice Skating in Central Park (Apparently I’ll be a seasoned ice skater by Christmastime…)
You can check out last year’s guide here! (Most of it is still relevant!) Be sure to comment or email me if you have any specific questions… Always happy to help!