Pretty Pastels

by Jessica Sturdy on June 24, 2014

If you were to judge by my blog name alone, you’d probably guess that my style is pretty feminine. And you’d be right almost 100% of the time! As of late, even my workout gear has been falling into that category.

I’ve been making a pretty big effort to make health and fitness a top priority the past few weeks. (Remember this post?) I was going through one of those phases where I was unhappy with the path that I was on… My clothes weren’t fitting like they should. I felt lethargic and just all around… gross. And then I was eating poorly because I was unhappy. (Carbs and sugar? Yes, please. ALL OF IT!) A vicious cycle that you’ve probably been able to relate to at some point, too.

I finally had this realization that I was causing myself pretty much all of the discomfort I was feeling. No one else, just me. I was choosing to have the extra glass of wine. I was choosing to get dessert after dinner. I was choosing to get takeout instead of cooking a healthy meal. I was choosing to skip the gym on occasion. I was choosing to grab a slice (or 2) of pizza after a night out. The list goes on and on. Sometimes it’s easy to blame your crazy workload, your stress, relationship drama, PMS, etc. for your poor health habits, but I can assure you, your to-do list is not the one going to town on a box of cupcakes. (#Guilty) While I’m all about indulging every so often, I’ve realized that it needs to be in major moderation. Obviously this is something I’ve always known, but it’s now something that I’m making a conscious effort to practice. Easier said that done, but it’s something I’m working towards every day.

Along with trying to eat as healthy and clean as I can, I’m trying to up the workouts, too. I just feel so much better when I’m on a very frequent workout schedule. In addition to the body, it also does wonders for the mind! I honestly start to go a little crazy when I haven’t had time to release all of that energy.

Now that I’m making it a point to get sweaty on a daily basis, I’m spending a lot of time in workout clothes. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but let’s just say that my high heels have basically been on summer vacation. While I’ve always made it a point to wear stylish gear to the gym, I recently picked up a few colorful pieces to inject a little bit of life into my workout wardrobe.

Meet my new favorite sneakers! I can’t get enough of the color combination… A pretty pastel lavender, mixed with neon citrus laces. Absolutely love how they make my outfit pop! Plus, they’re made from the same adidas Boost technology that I’m obsessed with. Trust me on this one… you will never want to wear a pair of non-Boost sneakers again.

I also picked up this pastel purple Ultimate Tee. I have this tee in a few other colors (last seen here!) and they’re simply some of the best workout tees I’ve worn. They keep you cool and dry and come in great shades! Plus, they’re perfect for post-gym, too. (As evidenced here!) I’m really loving this lavender color, though. I don’t know what it is, but I’ve been gravitating towards very soft shades this summer. Everything from nail polish, to lipstick, to sneakers!

Have you ever been in a bit of a funk or a rut when it comes to health and fitness? How did you manage to pull yourself out of it? Would love to hear any tips and tricks in case I find myself in another one!

PS: adidas is having a HUGE Summer Sale! Almost everything I’m wearing is majorly marked down… Be sure to check it out!

adidas Ultimate Tee | adidas Techfit Bra | adidas Powerluxe Tights | adidas Rocket Boost Sneakers | Tom Ford Sunglasses | Happy Plugs Headphones (lusting over these!) | iPhone Case

Rebecca Dale Photography

adidas Women designs innovative performance products to help women commit to their best self and conquer their fitness goals. We inspire women to look and feel their best, so kick-start your workout today with new styles from @adidasWomen. It’s time to #committomore. www.adidas.com/women | Disclosure: Compensation was provided by adidas via Glam Media. As always, all opinions are my own! Thanks for supporting the brands and collaborations that make Bows & Sequins possible!

Stacey June 24, 2014 at 2:51 am

I love your lilac sneakers!! I’m pretty good at keeping up with my gym classes but I always fall down where food comes in, I have such a sweet tooth, it’s so easy for me to reach for the unhealthy treats!

xoxo
Stacey
Five Minute Style

Rachelle June 24, 2014 at 5:24 am

Very cute workout gear.

​PinkSole​

Rebecca June 24, 2014 at 6:18 am

Those tennies are just too cute! And I love the top too!

Ellen Borza June 24, 2014 at 6:20 am

Love the sneakers! Cute clothes definitely make working out more fun!

Ellen of A Pop of Pink

Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl June 24, 2014 at 7:08 am

I wish my workout gear was this cute! I’m usually in leggings and an old sorority tee! LOVE that purple!

xoxo
Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

Stella C. June 24, 2014 at 7:18 am

Those lilac kicks are adorable! I recently ran a race and was noticing all these great new colored sneaks… MAJOR SNEAKER ENVY!

I’m a slave to a good routine- starting with my spin classes. If I’m in a regular workout routine, I’m less inclined to “ruin” my hard work with that cookie/ice cream/donut/pizza/bagel… #dontdiscriminate
Keep it up! You look beautiful.
XO, Stella

Andrea June 24, 2014 at 7:45 am

I love the colors! Pretty workout gear is always a motivation for working out. I find that working out first thing in the morning helps me out tremendously because that way I don’t have to worry about fitting in my workout for the day.

Christina Storm June 24, 2014 at 7:46 am

Love that tee and those leggings! Great workout wear and inspiration! :)

The Style Storm
<3, Christina

Tarah June 24, 2014 at 8:05 am

It’s like you just reached into my head & pulled the words out of my mouth. This is how I’ve been feeling too. I need to make the change & the only person who can do it, is me. I needed that kick in the butt! Thanks!

Anonymous June 24, 2014 at 9:03 am

What would be a good idea is doing a simple set of exercises. For example, push-ups, sit-ups, bending down and stretching up, etc. It would go well with your workouts.

irene June 24, 2014 at 9:24 am

we cannot be all the time up for polished looks! we do need a break and work out! you are lovely and thank you for the motivation!

Irene

Kristi June 24, 2014 at 9:55 am

Cute sneakers and such a pretty color top!

xx, Kristi

Annie June 24, 2014 at 10:23 am

Love the colors especially the pops of green in the shoes – I say looking fab while working out is always a plus!

Meagan June 24, 2014 at 10:54 am

Whenever I find myself in a fitness rut I sign up for a race — whether that be a 5K or a half marathon. Knowing that I am going to be running with people in way better shape than myself kicks my butt into gear!
-Meg

Ella June 24, 2014 at 11:30 am

I love blogilates (search blogilates on youtube)! I do her workouts every single day and she’s always so happy that it really gets me excited to workout. She also makes a calendar each month on her blog, blogilates.com, telling you what workouts to do each day- since it’s all on youtube, EVERYTHING is 100% free! You should give her a try!
That outfit is majorly cute, I wouldn’t want to sweat in it!
Ella

Kayla June 24, 2014 at 11:38 am

Ughh.. I know the feeling.. I’m trying so hard to eat right and work out.. not so fun but I do feel better!

Kayla

Melissa June 24, 2014 at 12:20 pm

LOVE IT ALL! Purple is my favorite color and it looks great on you! I love all the workout posts you have been doing…very inspiring!
xo,
Melissa
MissyOnMadison.com

Andrea June 24, 2014 at 5:03 pm

I feel you…it’s sooooo easy to slip off course and say yes to each happy hour, dinner out, birthday cake in the office! I have to consciously make myself make good [food] choices each day and say no to some social activities so I can make time for my after work run and stay on track.

xoxo,
Andrea

Frances June 25, 2014 at 10:23 am

I love this outfit! Especially love when I can match my sneaker to my clothes; it’s amazing how many cute workout shoes they make these days.
Having cute athletic wear definitely helps me stay motivated to go to the gym :)

adashofsouth.com

Benedetta June 25, 2014 at 1:01 pm

I love this sporty look!!!!
Be happy with fashion

Sorcha June 25, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Those trainers are so cute – I’ve never seen them in a colour like lilac before! I definitely like the idea of wearing nice work out gear to the gym. I might have to do some investing because I’ve definitely been indulging in too many pizza slices and glasses of wine too!

Haley Valerie June 26, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Cute workout clothes! I love the shoes!

Haley
haleyvalerie.com

Ashley June 27, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Absolutely in LOVE with those purple Adidas! Nothing like cute workout gear to get you motivated to head to the gym and show it off! ;)

Ashley xx