These pecan bars have become my go-to Friendsgiving dish for the last four or five years! They are SO good, and they’ve become highly requested, too. My friends usually ask me to make a double batch so there are plenty for leftovers. Dave’s SIL is allergic to pecans or else I’d be bringing them to Thanksgiving this year. The best part? They are so easy to make!
Shortbread Crust Ingredients
- 1 cup salted butter; softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
Shortbread Crust Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Mix together butter, flour, and powdered sugar. I typically use my stand mixer, but I’ve used a hand mixer in the past!
- Press into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan, a pie plate, tart pan, or other pan for baking.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before filling.
Pecan Bar Ingredients
- 3 large eggs; room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar; light or dark
- 1 cup corn syrup; light or dark
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter; melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecans; whole, halves, or roughly chopped
Pecan Bar Recipe
- Add the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, melted butter and salt to a large mixing bowl. Beat together until smooth.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Pour the filling onto the crust.
- Bake the pecan pie bars until golden brown and the center has set, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting and serving.
- For storing; use an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Totally optional, but I always like to serve them with Old-Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream! They pair nicely with coffee or bourbon, too.
Let me know if you decide to make these delicious pecan bars this weekend! They’re always a crowd pleaser and couldn’t be easier. Can’t wait to hear how they turn out!