I hope you had an absolutely wonderful holiday season! It really seemed to fly by this year, didn’t it? While it’s sad to see the season go, I’m excited for all that is to come! I’ve started my annual year-end decluttering phase to be able to start the new year on a fresh note. Clearing out random notes and post-its all over the place, tearing pages I no longer need out of my notebooks, deleting files on my laptop that I no longer need, moving photos and documents to external hard drives, etc. I’ve found that clearing away all of this clutter (whether it’s in person or virtually) really helps me to hit the reset button and start the year off on the right foot! *image via Joanna Baker
- I loved these photos comparing New York at Christmastime in the 1950’s to now. While we didn’t have a white Christmas, it really makes me wish for a picturesque snowfall sometime soon! (Can’t believe I’m even saying that.)
- In case you missed it — Be sure to check out our posts on the FTD blog about our trip to Pasadena over New Years Eve! one / two / three
- My favorite Joie sneakers are 30% off! (And most sizes are available! Trust me, you’ll wear these constantly.)
- This list is absolutely ridiculous, but I have to admit that I laughed. A few of them definitely have some truth! #RentFreeApartment 51 Things That A 25-Year-Old Single Girl Really Wants for Christmas
- My friend Grace designed a line of stationery and phone cases for Minnie & Emma and it’s all adorable. You have to check out the sequin stationery and plaid iPhone cases… In love!
- I’ve raved about my Jawbone Up band before. (See this post if you missed it!) But if you need any more of a reason to get one, their customer service is absolutely amazing. I was having a problem with mine holding a charge and they were seriously SO helpful. They even emailed me a few days later to make sure everything was still running smoothly after I updated the firmware! Gotta love good customer service.. Unfortunately hard to find sometimes!
- I attended a mini coding session at General Assembly two weeks ago and it got me thinking about taking classes, furthering my knowledge and education, and learning new-to-me things, too. Resolutions for 2015!
- I’ve been on such a beanie kick lately. (Proof here & here.) Specifically, I’ve been loving all of the beanies with pompoms on the top. Current favorites — this one, this one, and this one.
- How the Most Successful Night Owls Manage to Wake Up Early — I’ve always been a night owl, but I’ve been working on becoming more of a morning person. With my work/blog situation and overall lifestyle, going to bed early unfortunately isn’t an option most nights.
- Before I became a full-fledged wino (just kidding.. kind of), I was always super intimidated by wine. Admittedly, I now only know very little about the wines that I drink often, but it’s a start. The Beginner’s Guide to Ordering Wine
- Tuckernuck is offering an extra 20% off all of their sale items! I’m currently loving this colorblock dress, this printed skirt, this gorgeous green dress (perfect for weddings!), this printed dress, these polka dot flats, this top, and this tote.
- This was a fascinating read — What 13 People Wore to Interview with Anna Wintour
- I’m taking a month-long challenge with Birchbox. Read about it here!
Hope your week is off to a great start!
PS – Can you tell I started this post before Christmas? Lots of festive links. Oh well! 😉