Treat Yo Self Tuesday

by Jessica Sturdy on May 23, 2013

Tuesday was a humid one in New York! That kind of humidity that hits you like a brick wall when you walk out of your well-air-conditioned office. So please excuse the crazy hair!

After work, I was more than ready for a refreshing cocktail and some pampering! I headed down to Tribeca to meet some of the Glam girls for the Smirnoff Stir Up Your Summer event at TenOverTen. It was my first time at TenOverTen, but it won’t be the last. It was hands down the best pedicure I’ve gotten in the city so far! And the polish on my fingers is still going strong without any chips! Granted, it’s only been two days, but my polish always chips within a few days of a manicure. Plus, the staff was so sweet and the service was great!

I had to borrow this clever photo from Hallie!

There were just a few tough decisions to make…

Mani: Essie ‘Tart Deco’

Pedi: Chanel ‘Azure’

Cocktail: Mango Passion Fizz, which was absolutely delicious! Fruity and sweet, but not too sweet. My favorite!

There were also makeup touch ups, the Glam Mani Cam, tarot card readings, delicious sushi, and massages. Just your typical Tuesday, right?! ;) JK. But you know what they say… #TreatYoSelf

I only had one cocktail (I mean, it was a Tuesday!), but these low-cal-concoctions are definitely going to be a big part of my summer! The fun straws will be, too. I don’t know what it is, but sipping any beverage from a cute straw makes it so much better. An accessory for your drink, if you will!

This fun little evening of pampering was the perfect way to kick off the summer! Do you have any exciting plans to start the summer off right this weekend?

(PS – See this post for more on the dress I wore!)

The deliciously light taste of sorbet now comes in a bottle.  Introducing Smirnoff Sorbet Light. PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY.

Made With Smirnoff Vodka Infused With Natural Flavors. 30% Alc/Vol. ©2013 The Smirnoff” Co., Norwalk, CT.

Per 1.5oz serving: Calories 78, Carbohydrates 1.3g, Fat 0g, Protein 0g.

* 25% FEWER CALORIES THAN THE LEADING DESSERT-INSPIRED VODKA.

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Smirnoff via Glam Media.  The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Smirnoff.

anngelik May 23, 2013 at 11:06 am

Sounds like a fun time! I love the colors used for the nails.

-Vogue&Heels

Samantha Mabey May 23, 2013 at 11:10 am

I think you forgot to mention the cake pops… haha! Sounds like (and looks like) a perfect day! And I agree with you on the straws – I’ve seen them online but just found some yesterday :)

Jessica Sturdy May 23, 2013 at 11:31 am

haha! I actually was “good” and didn’t indulge in any of the cake pops. :)

Hallie @ corals + cognacs May 23, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I had two. They were literally the most AMAZING cake pops I’ve ever had! Haha

Jessica Sturdy May 23, 2013 at 2:21 pm

I’m glad you didn’t relay that message at the time! haha

pretty little things May 23, 2013 at 11:10 am

looks like a lovely day! who doesnt love manis and coktails! xo

Natalie May 23, 2013 at 11:18 am

Looks like such a fun day! I love the bright nail colours.

Deanna G. May 23, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Mani, pedi, sushi, massages, aaaaaaand cocktails?! BAh! Can’t get much better than that. Love it!

Rachel May 23, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Love these nail polish colors, looks like a great time!

Chelsea May 23, 2013 at 1:01 pm

This looks like such a fun day! I LOVE Tart Deco for Spring/Summer nails.

xoxo,
Chelsea & The City

Lara May 23, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Looks like such an amazing time and a fun event! I’ve been to Ten Over Ten before (this time last year actually), and unfortunately I had a less than stellar time. It was really over priced and the service I received was not as wonderful as I was expecting. My nails chipped after the first day! :( Looks like the rest of the event was super fun though. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

xox Lara http://www.weheartbeautyblog.com

Jessica Sturdy May 23, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Oh no! That’s too bad you had a negative experience there. I guess a lot can change in a year! I was even unpacking boxes this morning at work and still no chips.

I usually stick with my $7 mani / $13 pedi in my neighborhood, but this was a nice luxury. I wouldn’t be able to afford my weekly manis there, but it was a nice treat! I have a few thoughts on the price though that make it a bit more “worth it” ..
- I’ve had multiple friends recently get infections from manis/pedis. Scary, right?! I like how their pedicure stations are actual bowls that easily move and can be totally washed out. No jets, etc that bacteria can lurk in!
- I like how they have Chanel colors. I never want to pay for a full bottle of Chanel polish, but very few salons carry it. Not a decision factor for me, but a nice bonus! :)

Lara May 25, 2013 at 8:54 pm

The price/luxury is worth it for a once or twice a year thing – I totally agree! Especially because of the sanitation. Those bowls with the steaming hot water were a nice touch. I’d probably give it a try sometime in the near future – and would deffffff give it a try with some smirnoff on the side! hehe! :)

Meg May 23, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Looks like fun! Love the color combos.

Giveaway today! http://happinessiscreating.com/

Rachelle May 23, 2013 at 3:02 pm

this is what I need right now.

Kayla May 23, 2013 at 4:24 pm

That looks like SO much fun! And you look beautiful! No crazy hair! ; )

Kayla

Trendy Mondays May 23, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Looks like such a fun evening! And perfect for a Tuesday night pickmeup!

Trendy Mondays – your online destination for Indie European designs.

Katie @ Katie's Bliss May 23, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Looks like you girls had such a fun time! Drinks looked yummy too :)

Kylie Rae May 23, 2013 at 8:27 pm

This looks like the perfect way to spend the evening! I wish Portland had events and things such as this, and if they do I have yet to be invited ;)

xo, Kylie Rae