No Parking

Whenever I pull these gray leopard jeans out of my dresser, I always reach for black on top. (Evidenced here.) I made myself break the mold this past weekend. I could pair a lot of things with these pants… pink, a citrus-y neon yellow, white, gray, navy, etc. The list is really endless. It doesn’t get much more versatile than black & gray. I chose to wear a cool mint sweater and top it all off with a fur vest.

So on a totally unrelated note, I have two Grouper dates this week. Have you used Grouper before? This will be my first time doing any sort of “online” dating situation. Maybe I should start a new blog about my dating escapades in NYC. Oh wait, there wouldn’t be any posts because dating here is practically non-existent. Wish me luck!

J.Crew Mint Sweater / Target Gray Leopard Jeans (similar) / Steve Madden Fur Vest (similar) / gifted Jack Rogers Wedge Booties / Tracy‘s Stella & Dot Bangle / Sequin Bangle

Thanks for taking my pictures, Rose!

*update: Tuesday Grouper got cancelled. See? Told ya dating here was dead.

Shop the Post

1. 1.8.13
    Tiffany Elam commented:

Cute outfit!! Online dating can be fun. Sometimes you find a normal guy who’s having trouble dating due to a hectic work schedule, but other times you’ll find crazies, which is hilarious &you’ll get a kick out of it! Good luck!!

2. 1.8.13

Yay for finally getting out there & dating! I want to hear all about it and I’m pulling for you to find “Mr. Right”!! :)

Oh, love this look with the mint + gray…I keep meaning to try winter pastels and this was just the push I needed to finally do it!

Jessica Sturdy commented:

Ha, I know, right?! Surprising since I am 100% content with Bows & Sequins being my boyfriend. 😉

3. 1.8.13
    Sarah commented:

Cute outfit! I would to read a blog about that! :)

Good luck on your dates!

4. 1.8.13
    Chelsea commented:

Great outfit! And good luck with your dates. I’d love to read all about that. Online dating is a lot of fun, so enjoy it. I met my boyfriend online, and I can honestly say it was a great way to meet new people in a new place.

Awesome to hear that!

5. 1.8.13
    Gracie commented:

love your blog and that vest! Good luck with the Grouper. perhaps I should try something like that.

Jessica Sturdy commented:

Thanks Gracie! You should grab your wingwomen and check it out :)

6. 1.8.13
    Amy Shaughnessy commented:

I love the pastel top with the jeans. So much more fun than black!

Fashion and Beauty Finds

Jessica Sturdy commented:

Yes, much more interesting!

7. 1.8.13

I love the leopard and fur combo. It’s bold, but it totally works! Oh, and let us know how Grouper is! I’m a NYC gal too, and some friends and I have been talking about trying it out!

Jessica Sturdy commented:

Nice! Yeah, I’ve heard a lot of great things about it. I’m interested to see how the dynamic works though… Keep ya posted!

8. 1.8.13

Those booties are great! I love wedges because they give me height but are 10x more comfortable than heels. (And so good for winter too!)

Jessica Sturdy commented:

Thanks! I am totally a wedges girl because of the comfort factor! :)

9. 1.8.13
    amy commented:

He is out there, just be patient! Love the mint with the printed pants!

Totally patient 😉

10. 1.8.13
    Agi commented:

Love the tippi mint sweater with the leopard pants. I too would have instinctively reached for a black top but it looks fantastic with the mint top. I’m sorry he cancelled. I promise the right guy is out there. Be patient :)

Jessica Sturdy commented:

Thank you! I am sure he is.

11. 1.8.13
    Sarah commented:

Great outfit! I love the light colored shirt with these pants, they’re fabulous!

The Purse Snatcher

Jessica Sturdy commented:

Thanks Sarah! I’m having a bit of a pastels-in-winter moment.

12. 1.8.13
    Jessica Sturdy commented:

HA, guys, we need an update here… I must have conveyed the wrong message in the post.

Grouper sets up groups of friends! Way more casual than “online dating” … You don’t even see the guys before hand. No “chemistry profiles” or anything like that! It’s not like the guys ditched us, the actual date (1/8/13) just didn’t work out.

DEFINITELY NOT looking for Mr. Right at this point in my life. I am 23. I am sure that whatever is meant to happen will take its course in due time. 😉

I was simply pointing out that dating in NYC is so different than anywhere else. With so many people here, most people think it would be easier. But the fact of the matter is that everyone is focused on their career and usually put relationships on the back burner!

Not trying to give you some sob story about my non-existent dating life. Just sharing some entertaining anecdotes! :)

Hallie commented:

… and plus, we’re, like, practically dating.

Milly commented:

Love the outfit.

About the dating in NYC…..yaaa you are sooo right
        Everyone thinks its easy since we are loaded with ppl…..not!!

13. 1.8.13
    Chris commented:

Love the outfit!

Good luck on that Grouper thing! Finding and maintaining friends with everyone’s crazy schedule can be tough.

Jessica Sturdy commented:

Thanks! It definitely is challenging.

14. 1.8.13
    Rose commented:

I think that top photo is one of my favorites, I have to say sometimes I take awesome photos! And sometimes (every time) you guys get pictures of me making faces. Oops :)

PS I finally logged into the email Grouper goes to…double oops!

Jessica Sturdy commented:

I love the first photo, too! Thanks for being such a great photog :)

15. 1.8.13
    Carly commented:

I have a Grouper this week! I’ll let you know how it is. I’ve heard GREAT things.

16. 1.8.13
    Kaitlyn commented:

Love that you stepped out of the box with the colored top. PS obSESSed with this photo background choice 😉

17. 1.8.13
    The Wearist commented:

Cute look! The vest totally pulls it all together.

18. 1.8.13
    Julie Leah commented:

Loving this look and the perfect background you found!! If dating is dead in NYC that makes me feel better about my situation :)

19. 1.8.13
    Megan commented:

Love your pants. I have a floral pair of pains similar to these and always think to wear black with them. A pop of color would look great – I might just try it!

20. 1.8.13
    Hannah commented:

Love the mint color on you! Would love if you stopped by to check out my latest outfit post! xo

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

21. 1.8.13

love how you added mint to this look! xo

22. 1.8.13
    Jenna DeSantis commented:

OMGG I absolutely LOVE your outfit!! You look awesome and I love the alternative and artsy background. The fur and leopard are just so glam. Adore your blog!!

XO Jenna

23. 1.8.13

What a cool backdrop…oh how I miss NYC. && totally crushing on that fuzzy vest!

24. 1.8.13
    Lauren commented:

love those booties and your mint sweater!

25. 1.8.13
    Ellen commented:

I love this outfit and I REALLY love the background!!!!! The two could not go better together – what wonderful colors in these shots! Well done Jessie.

26. 1.8.13
    aubrey commented:

wow i’ve never heard of grouper but sounds so much fun. it’s fun to meet up w/a group of ppl w/your gfs in tow. what a great idea!

i’ve heard NYC is very difficult to date & furthermore, keep a serious relationship going. Glad you’re having fun w/it though.

I would seriously love to hear about your dating life on the blog, on top of outfit posts. ooh, mb what you wore on the dates & tidbits of how it went.

27. 1.8.13
    Stylelista commented:

love this entire look!!! And I feel yah on the dating scene, its hard to find good guys these days!
    xoxo stylelista

28. 1.8.13
    Tara commented:

I really love those pants! Good luck with your date!

29. 1.8.13
    Chelsea commented:

Love this fresh and different pairing with printed jeans! A fun faux fur can really go on top of anything, can’t it?

Chelsea & The City

30. 1.9.13
    Michelle commented:

Grouper sounds like so much fun! I hope it goes great for you! I love those leopard pants as well!

Fierce & Fashionable

31. 1.9.13
    Ann commented:

Your jeans is rocking,
    love those animal print outfits…
    Love your bow ring too, super cute.

32. 1.9.13
    MB commented:

Hi Loved the outfit! I almost bought pants similar to those in Ann Taylor but had no thoughts on how to style. I might have to revisit them. Love the wedges as well and had a sizing question, did you purchase your normal shoe size or did you go up or down a 1/2 size? Since I am ordering online I wanted to be as sure as possible. Thanks so much!!

• 1.9.13
      Jessica Sturdy commented:

I purchased my regular size and they fit perfectly! Hope that helps! :)

• 1.10.13
        MB commented:

Thanks that’s perfect!!

33. 1.11.13
    Molly Galler commented:

I absolutely love this graffiti mural you posed in front of! Every time you share a new post I am continually impressed by all the unique shooting locations you find. Can’t wait to hear about the Grouper dates at dinner next week!

34. 1.11.13

Love the pop of mint in this outfit – you look fantastic!

Kate xo