Leather Weather

by Jessica Sturdy on June 13, 2012

After the Birchbox Breakfast came the Kerastase + Birchbox event at Maxine Salon! Hallie and I headed over to get our hair braided, sip champagne, and mingle with fellow Chicago bloggers. When the braiding extravaganza came to an end, a few of us headed to Zella to grab some drinks in their amazing beer garden! (If you haven’t been, you must go on a nice night!)

I guess you could say I’m late to the game with these Zara sandals. Every blogger and their mom have this shoe, but the $50 price tag reeled me in.

Sweater: Zara, Leather Shorts: Trouve (similar splurge, similar faux), Heels: Zara, Necklace: Bauble Bar, Ring: Store in Naples (similar), Rhinestone Bracelets: Bauble Bar (similar), Leopard Bangle: Sequin NYC, Buckle Bangle: H&M (similar), Nails: Sally Hansen Salon Effects ‘Cut it Out’, Toes: Essie ‘Camera’

And here is my “I absolutely hate when people are staring at me getting my picture taken” face…

I spent majority of my day with Laurie from Product Girl! One of the best things about blogger get-togethers is finally getting to meet your Twitter friends in real life!

Gettin’ my braid on…

Kerastase Birchboxes lined the walls at Maxine. (Have you entered to win a box for yourself?!)

Sam Penner June 13, 2012 at 7:41 am

Loving your leather shorts! Such a cute outfit on you. It looks like the Birchbox event was lots of fun!

Sarah June 13, 2012 at 8:07 am

I seriously love this outfit SO much! Wish it was mine!!!

Sarah
smalltowncatwalk.blogspot.ca

Maja June 13, 2012 at 8:10 am

You are so adorable!
I love this whole outfit so much. I am tempted to leave work right NOW to go get that sweater from Zara. Great post!

Maja -http://clotheskinksandcurls.blogspot.ca

Penny Pincher Fashion June 13, 2012 at 8:15 am

Love this look – it’s classy & sophisticated! Kinda wish I also had those sandals in black! :)

Neris June 13, 2012 at 9:01 am

i have two pairs of these shoes and they are so insanely comfy! looking great as always!

xoxo,

Fashion Fractions

hallie June 13, 2012 at 9:27 am

LOL at your “picture” face… :) I’m so happy these came out great. PERFECT outfit for leather + sweater weather. See you next week, girlfriend!

Passport to Style Team June 13, 2012 at 9:40 am

LOVE the leather!! amazing outfit.

-Passport to Style Team

Kali June 13, 2012 at 9:45 am

Love! <3

How do Zara clothes fit? Like do they run big, small, average? There are no stores around where I live so it's not like I can go and try stuff on.

Jessica June 13, 2012 at 9:59 am

Hmmm, I’d say they run a tad bit small. I usually grab a Medium in Zara clothing, but I am generally a S/M. Hope this helps! Maybe try a quick Google search to see what other people say, too. :)

Erin June 13, 2012 at 9:48 am

So gorgeous! The black and white is chic and sophisticated. I love your necklace too!

Jessica June 13, 2012 at 10:01 am

Thank you! Out of my extensive jewelry collection, I didn’t have the necklace I was looking for to go with this outfit. Luckily, my roommate came to the rescue. She scored this Buried Bauble on BaubleBar for $10! I fell in love with the necklace while I was wearing it and got a ton of compliments on it, so I decided to purchase it the second I got home that evening. I, sadly, didn’t get the deep discount and had to pay the $28.

Lindsay June 13, 2012 at 10:16 am

Great outfit! I think I am the only blogger without those Zara shoes (I must say I DO love them)! Any pics of your finished braid-bar braid??

~Lindsay @
LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

Jessica June 13, 2012 at 10:26 am
megan, the frugalista diaries June 13, 2012 at 11:10 am

love this outfit!

Xo Megan

Karissa June 13, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I love the leather shorts/light sweater combo! The necklace pulls everything together nicely!

Jessica @ LittleMiss312 June 13, 2012 at 2:13 pm

This is one of my favorite looks of yours!! So cute!! I feel like the only one in the world that doesn’t own those shoes! I was so overwhelmed though when I went to get them, I didn’t know if I wanted the pink, blue or black ones…so I left empty handed. But I might be going back now….haha

Diana - City and Burbs June 13, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Hey Jess, you look great in this outfit. Your legs look incredible! I love everything about the look, so classy!

xx,
D

Kaitlin June 13, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I am seeing these shoes EVERYWHERE & love them. I feel like it’s time for me to break down & buy a pair, you look gorgeous! x

Kate June 13, 2012 at 8:52 pm

I am loving this outfit! The leather shorts paired with the simple sweater and the super hot pumps is just the perfect combination! You look gorgeous!

Lauren June 14, 2012 at 7:49 pm

I love the leather and the way you paired it. I have a similar top I will have to try out with my leather shorts! What a cute look.

I honestly thought I wouldn’t wear my shorts that often… But they became one of my favorite items. They are just so fun and glam up anything!

Lauren

Rebecca June 15, 2012 at 12:20 pm

I love LOVE the mix of shorts with a sweater. I can’t explain it, but I love it. And the leather shorts just take it over the edge. Great outfit and it looks like you had a fun time!

Rebecca (hearts)…

The Leather Skirt June 16, 2012 at 6:14 pm

I truly adore this ensemble.
Black & white is the best… especially if you can mix in two of my favorites… a great sweater & some leather.
Simple. Perfect.

zhanna June 17, 2012 at 10:00 pm

I love the outfit. Its so simple but yet very chic.

xo,

Zhanna

Ayumi June 25, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I loove that shoes! I gotta similar Zara shoes like that but I love that design more I think.. especially that ankle cover(?) part… it’s just so cute and looks supportive with ankles. I love your outfit too! Simple white and black, but very chic. :)

Haha, I love that “stranger is looking at me” face picture. lol I still have no guts to take my own outfit photo outside… I shouldn’t be careing about what other people thinks since I’m not doing anything wrong, but still… feels like I’m being vain or something. LOL

Ayumi