Encore! Encore!

by Jessica Sturdy on October 23, 2012

A few weeks ago, Buick invited me to Detroit to tour the GM Design Center and learn more about the newest member of the Buick family, the Encore. I even got a sneak peek of the new luxury cross-over! This is definitely one of the most exciting collaborations I’ve had the opportunity to do so far… I mean, who would turn down an invitation to stay at the GM World Headquarters and a tour of the Design Center?? It was truly an unforgettable experience!

Buick gave us bloggers quite the challenge… Create a Pinterest board of our design inspirations for the new Encore. The best part? One of us will have the opportunity to bring our ideas to life at the 2013 New York Auto Show!

My perfect Encore? A gorgeous jewel-toned exterior with a luxurious saddle interior!

Here’s how you can help… Check out my Pinterest board and “like” the pins that inspire you! You can re-pin, too. Easy as (pumpkin) pie. :)

Intrigued by the technology… Pandora, Intellilink, phone connection, Bose speakers, Bose noise-canceling properties, and more. So cool!

We had quite the fun group in Detroit… Aly, Katie, Michael, Julie, Shannon, and Julie. Plus, the fabulous team at Buick… Phil, Molly, Lloyd, and the rest of the gang!

Growing up in rural Illinois, I spent a lot of time in my car. Public transportation wasn’t even an option. I had to drive 10 minutes to my high school, 20 minutes to the nearest Starbucks, and 30 minutes to the nearest mall. I repeat, I spent A LOT of time in my car! :) As a result, I’ve always been a bit of a car buff. My family has a Car & Driver subscription so they were always around the house and with my shopaholic tendencies, I’ve always been one to flip through and pick out “the car I want next.”

As a kid, I actually used to stay awake into the wee hours of the morning in my brothers’ room watching them play Gran Turismo on their PlayStation. I think I was on to something at a young age… I wasn’t very good at playing the game myself (no hand-eye coordination!) so instead, I would watch them collect their money in the game and then instruct them on which cars to buy. Shopping on someone else’s dime? Me? No, I would never. ;)

This post is brought to you by Buick. As always, all opinions are my own!

Photos #1, #2, #4, and #5 courtesy of Buick.

PS – Outfit post to come soon! :)

Hallie October 23, 2012 at 3:03 pm

GIRL CRUSHING on you in that outfit. How perfect for this event! I’ve never really thought “new” and “innovative” in regard to Buick, but this car is actually really stunning. I also love the jewel-tone interiors!

Looking forward to your outfit post!

Suzanne October 23, 2012 at 5:58 pm
Sarah October 23, 2012 at 6:16 pm

You look absolutely fabulous!

The Purse Snatcher

Nikki Berezay October 23, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Hey I found you through Gaps Pinterest board. I love your blog, you have impeccable taste. You can check my blog if you would like. Anyways you are on my list of bloggers I love!

nbadorestyle.blogspot.com

Dina Karivalis (@DKarivalis) October 23, 2012 at 9:08 pm

How have I not been reading your blog everyday for my whole life? Love your style! Would love for you to stop by my blog and read my latest post!
xo Dina

Michelle October 23, 2012 at 9:13 pm

What a FUN collaboration! I used to live about 30 minutes from the GM World Headquarters when I was in college! Love your outfit and I am checking out your Pinterest board now!! :)

Michelle

Fierce & Fashionable

Chelsea October 24, 2012 at 8:59 am

LOVE this outfit- anything fur/animal print I’m in love with!!

Sarah {Raving Fashionista} October 24, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Oh how fun! What an experience, you look great behind the wheel of that car ;)

elle October 24, 2012 at 3:03 pm

i am a car girl. i have been loving navy and hunter green cars with saddle interiors lately. especially when they are SUVs. i have been liking so many of your pins on pinterest and was wondering what #pinmyencore was all about.

Maggie August 27, 2014 at 8:47 am

Hey this is somewshat of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs
use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience.

Any help would be enormously appreciated!