Skip to content

Fall Flashback

April 23, 2012

It got COLD in Chicago on Friday. Windy, rainy, grey… the works. This would be considered normal in April most years, but we have been spoiled with such fabulous weather as of late so it was quite the debbie-downer weather. I was kind of stuck on what to wear to stay both warm and seasonally appropriate. I think the key to balancing the two is layering and color! I thought about repeating this shirt and sweater combination, but I just wore that last weekend so I went back to the drawing board. My outfit ended up looking absolutely autumn, but hey, I tried.

I curled my hair because I knew it wouldn’t stand a chance battling the mist to stay straight. I purchased the Conair Infinity You Curl Wand a few weeks ago and have been experimenting with my hair (here and here). Let’s be honest, until the last week or so, my hair has been pin-straight… every.single.day. I have yet to master the “beachy wave” look I’m going after, but I’ll get there! (Let me catch you up to speed… Doing hair is NOT my strong point. If I have time, I usually let my hair air dry (blow-dry if I’m in a rush) and then run a flat iron through the ends and that’s it. I’ve tried to curl it before, but I’m just not good at it. Plain and simple. For me, the curling wand is so much easier to use… I highly recommend it!)

I’ve had most of these pieces for.ev.er, but I tried to find similar styles for you!

Striped Sweater: J.Crew (similar style) // Orange Gingham Shirt: J.Crew (similar style) // Dark Denim: Citizens of Humanity // Boots: Sam Edelman // Right Wrist: Express (similar style) // Watch: Michael Kors (similar style) // Left Wrist: Vintage (similar style), J.Crew (similar style), J.Crew (similar style), H&M (similar style), Sequin // Nails: Essie “Sure Shot”

11 Comments leave one →
  1. stilishbabe permalink
    April 23, 2012 7:18 am

you look lovely!

2. April 23, 2012 7:37 am

Completely agree with you about the curling wand and I think yours looks gorgeous here!! Super-cute look and it’s actually totally weather appropriate – we are getting snow today in NY…crazy!?! :)

3. April 23, 2012 7:41 am

I love this look!
    Kara

4. Diana permalink
    April 23, 2012 9:07 am

You’re doing a great job with the wand. I think you definitely achieved that beachy wave look :-) The outfit is totally cute as well. This weather is so crazy. I just stored all my winter jackets and clothes….it’s going to be in the 40s in NYC! Have a great day!

xoxo,
    Di

5. racheltr permalink
    April 23, 2012 10:02 am

Super cute! I love this look! Especially loving your arm candy :)

6. April 23, 2012 12:03 pm

Super cute! I think your hair looks great!

7. April 23, 2012 12:08 pm

It definitely feels more like fall than spring out there! Bummer!

However, your hair turned out very cute. I feel you on the whole “not my strong point” when it comes to doing hair. If I won the lottery I’d pay someone to come do my hair for me every morning!

8. April 23, 2012 12:49 pm

Love the outfit! It looks super pretty…I am always in the mood for a fall flashback every once in awhile too. How can you resist fall fashion?

Andrea

9. April 23, 2012 1:12 pm

I really love the combination of colours you chose! :)

Lovely Idea

10. April 23, 2012 10:18 pm

i was actually going to comment and say that i’ve been liking your hair lately! it looks great curly/wavy =)

11. May 2, 2012 2:03 pm

Loving the mix of color and pattern. And that arm party is pretty spectacular as well!