Purple & Poppy

After two days of disgusting down pour, NYC finally saw some sunlight last Thursday! I met up with a girlfriend from college in SoHo Thursday morning then walked around and did some light shopping before grabbing brunch at Mercer Kitchen.

We wandered around SoHo and West Village before heading back to the hotel and taking a LONG nap. NYC can be quite exhausting! Late nights and early mornings will get ya, that’s for sure!

Sitting on a stoop in West Village after devouring my Magnolia Bakery cupcake! :)

I love the unexpected combination of this outfit. Purple gingham, poppy-colored necklace, herringbone blazer, leather boots. A little random, but I like it. I’m kind of loving the matchy-ness of the lipstick and necklace. And by kind of loving, I mean I’m really loving.

Isn’t it cute how I’ve got my Venti Skinny Vanilla Latte in a stranglehold? And that was coffee #2 of the morning. I may or may not have a caffeine addiction. Over it.

Blazer: J.Crew
Shirt: J.Crew
Jeans: Paige
Boots: Sam Edelman
Necklace: J.Crew
Watch: Michael Kors (similar)
Earrings: Marc By Marc Jacobs
Sunglasses: Prada
Lips: J.Crew Poppy King – in stores only
Nails: Essie Chinchilly
iPhone Cover: J.Crew

1. 9.15.11

You look very ‘New York’ in this outfit. I like how everything isn’t super matchy, but really looks great together.

• 9.15.11
      Jessica commented:

Thanks! Not the typical pieces I would pair together, but I like it!

2. 9.15.11

probably one of my favorite outfits of yours…inspiration when it starts to cool off 😉

• 9.15.11
      Jessica commented:

Thanks! When I was putting it together, I kept thinking “I really like this!” … Glad to know I’m not the only one! :)

3. 9.15.11
    pearlsandtwirls commented:

Hi! I’ve been following along for a little bit now (I found your blog on the PSS bloggers do it better series) and I have loved reading about your NY experience! I’m so inspired by your trip and time at IFB and just the whole experience in general! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

PS…loving your purple and poppy combo…very cute!

• 9.19.11
      Jessica commented:

That’s awesome! You should definitely try to make it to the IFB conference in February.. it was definitely worth it!

ps- I love comments like yours. Glad to know I’m inspiring someone! Music to my ears! :)

• 9.23.11
      pearlsandtwirls commented:

Aww well great! I will definitely try to check out the conference in Feburary. I’ll be following along, so if you end up going again we may just have to meet up! :)

• 9.23.11
        Jessica commented:

Of course we’ll meet up!! :)

4. 9.15.11
    Sherry commented:

Absolutely LOVE this outfit!! Great boots and blazer and I love the little pop of pink!!! You look gorgeous! :)

5. 9.16.11

This look is fabulous!

6. 9.21.11
    Coleen commented:

I love love love your style! You have the same kinda style as me but you always look way cuter. I love looking at your posts, especially when I’m trying to decideon an outfit for the day! Lol

• 9.23.11
      Jessica commented:

Awww thank you! That means a lot to me! :)

7. 11.7.11
    Coleen commented:

Your sunglasses are in the October Instyle :)