Summer is unofficially here and I couldn’t be more excited! I’ve been writing this list since back when there was snow on the ground and I’ve even managed to cross a few things off already. What’s on your bucket list this summer?!
1. Bike through Central Park. I did this last summer and loved it!
2. Visit Chicago (5/29/14) 3. Picnic in Central Park. Can you believe I’ve never done this since moving to NYC? (6/21/14)
5. Try Citi Bike (5/25/14) 6. See the Anna & Karl Mural (5/25/14) 8. Walk home from work (5/16/14)
9. Work outside for a day.
10. Take a floral arranging class.
11. Make plans to go to an Illini football game this fall.
12. Finish decorating my new apartment. Getting a little bit ahead of myself here, as I haven’t even found one as I’m writing this. But you get the idea… Move in and finish decorating in a timely manner. (Update: I’ve found and moved into my new apartment! Now, on to the decorating part. But first, unpacking.)
13. Go to a movie in the park. I think these happen at Bryant Park… (Planning on going 7/21)
14. Take a Photoshop class.
15. Brunch at Jacob’s Pickles & explore the UWS.
16. Go a week without using heat on my hair.
17. Boat Basin on UWS
18. Frying Pan. It’s a summer must!
19. The Standard Biergarten — one of my favorite spots, especially during the warmer months. (7/15/14) 20. Lunch outside at Bryant Park. My office is so close to Bryant Park and I’m looking forward to dining al fresco for a little midday break. (5/7/14)
21. Read 5 books.
22. SPRING CLEAN. Seriously, get rid of the clutter. It’s time to trim the fat. (Got rid of so much when I moved! More here.)
23. Drinks alfresco at the newly renovated Standard East Village.
24. Coney Island
25. Trek out to Di Fara in Brooklyn for pizza.
26. Fort Tryon Park
27. Comedy Cellar
28. New York Public Library on a rainy day.
29. Walk the Brooklyn Bridge in the evening.
31. La Piscine at Hotel Americano
32. Brooklyn Brewery
33. ABC Beer Co
34. Pool at the Dream Downtown
35. Governor’s Ball (6/7/14) 36. Visit the new 9/11 Museum (6/8/14)
37. Host a fun little party in my new backyard!
38. Go one week without ordering Seamless.
39. Try 5 new rooftop bars. (Done: The Kimberly, STK)
40. Picnic along the Hudson.
41. Workout every day for 7 days straight. (5/23-5/30)
42. Host a dinner party. And actually cook the food instead of ordering in!
43. Get a tan.
45. Get back into Yoga. (Started an unlimited monthly membership on 7/13/14)
47. Throw a housewarming party.
48. Rent a Vespa.
50. Cook 5 new recipes. (Lots to choose from here!)
51. Bike the Williamsburg Bridge to Brooklyn.
52. Bike the Brooklyn Bridge.
53. Go out on a boat. (7/4/14)
54. McCarren Hotel Pool in Brooklyn.
55. Start taking Barre classes again.
56. Go see a movie.
57. Go to the Met.
58. Try Chaise Fitness.
60. Rooftop BBQ (5/26/14)
61. Do a DIY project. (Options here!)
62. Bike along the Hudson.
63. Bike along the East River.
64. Make cupcakes. (Recipes here!)
65. Play a board game.
66. Have friends over for brunch.
67. Lay out.
68. Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
69. Go bowling.
70. New York Botanical Gardens
71. Forty Four at The Royalton (6/30/14) 72. Make homemade pizza. (5/25/14)
73. Shop at the Farmers Market.
74. Watch the sunset.
75. Make boozy popsicles.
76. Watch the sunrise. 77. Watch the Fireworks on July 4th. (I’ve somehow missed them the past 2 years..) (7/5/14)
79. Take a bubble bath.
80. Send 10 cards just because. #SnailMail
81. Buy this skirt.
83. Beeckman’s — Haven’t been since my first weekend living here.
84. Make fresh lemonade.
85. Film a video for Bows & Sequins.
87. Go to a baseball game.
88. Mister Softee (I’ll really have to twist my arm about this one..)
89. Have a spa day.
90. Walk the High Line from start to finish.
91. Take a Cupcake Class at Butter Lane.
93. Bake cookies. (Recipes here!)
94. Play mini golf at Pier 25.
95. The Jane Rooftop
96. Take a macaron making class at Dana’s Bakery.
97. Watch 5 Movies. (Done: The Blind Side — one of my Top 5 favorites, Delivery Man, The Other Woman)
98. Sheep’s Meadow
99. ENJOY IT!