Flannel & Floral

by Jessica Sturdy on November 25, 2013

Well now that it’s been frigid for the last few days, it seems silly to be posting another bare leg outfit, but I’m going to chalk this one up to Mother Nature being a bit confused earlier last week. (Remember this?) I’d had this outfit hanging on my rolling rack for months and never got around to wearing it for whatever reason. So when the high jumped back into the 60′s last Monday, I wanted to take advantage of one last no-tights-day while I could. (Do I sounds like a broken record, or what?)

J.Crew Sequin Tee (similar) | J.Crew Gingham Shirt | J.Crew Skirt (similar) | J.Crew Pumps (similar here & here) | Michael Kors Tote | Michael Kors Watch | Essie ‘Midnight Cami’Capwell + Co Link Bracelet | Capwell + Co Ring

Photos taken by Hallie Wilson

PS: I guest posted on Pretty & Fun and Side Smile Style this week! Be sure to check them out. :)

Grown-Up Thrift Girl November 27, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I personally find the skirt too summery for November… but that’s just me. I’m sure in New York anything goes ;)

Jessica Sturdy November 27, 2013 at 1:18 pm

I hear ya, girl. When Hallie and I were shooting photos, I said “This skirt definitely doesn’t work in November.” But I’m a big believer of the whole “If you like it, wear it” thing. So I did. :)

Hallie Wilson (@coralsncognacs) December 2, 2013 at 2:22 am

And it was literally 50 degrees outside! I agree — might as well embrace it. Until next year, Bare Leg Season.

Kristin @ Crumbs and Curls November 27, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Love the shoes! The extra strap is a fun play on the Mary Jane!

Kristin
crumbsandcurls.blogspot.com

Valerie | Lily on Fillmore November 27, 2013 at 1:23 pm

um, you win in daringly mixing prints. my favorite one is the classic though – that gingham collared shirt!

xo, lily on fillmore | SWELL fuzzy sweater giveaway

Code Overdressed November 27, 2013 at 1:36 pm

What a fun party of textures and colors!

Cee. ♥
Code Overdressed

Chris November 27, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Oh yes… I remember that day… thinking that I would appreciate it if Mother Nature would hold just a bit of it over until Saturday. I guess she did because the day started out sunny and in the mid to upper 40′s before dropping into the frigid and windblown 20′s by the time we got to Times Square at 9pm.

Cute skirt though, and you have a knack for layering to make it work for cooler days!

Emma November 27, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Love all your outfits and the way you style them, but this one is a miss for me. The sequins are fabulous though!

Rachelle November 27, 2013 at 1:51 pm

You look cute and I do agree if you like it wear it :)

Ashley November 27, 2013 at 4:13 pm

I really love how you styled the top portion and very cute skirt but personally I would wear them separate.

Patrícia Marques November 27, 2013 at 5:54 pm

I really love the mixes you made with sequins, so perfectly worn in a casual way!