Vested Interest

Fur Vest, Faux Fur, Leather Shorts

I finally broke out the faux fur vests! And it was kind of like Christmas. At the end of last season, I couldn’t resist a few sale finds. Some may call me crazy for purchasing furry pieces in May, but I have to disagree. Sure, I realized that I wouldn’t be wearing said vests for many months, but does a fur vest go out of style? That’s what I thought!

I picked up this Vince Camuto faux fur vest at Marshalls and another deep green faux fur vest at Club Monaco. I’m sure the latter will be here on Bows & Sequins very soon!

Karen Walker Sunglasses, Faux Fur Vest, Red Lipstick

All Black Outfit, Fall, Faux Fur, Vest, Tights

Fall Outfit, Faux Fur Vest, Leather Shorts

Karen Walker, Sunglasses, Super Duper, Red Lipstick

Fall Outfit, NYC, Faux Fur Vest, Leather Shorts, Booties

Vince Camuto Faux Fur Vest (similar here & here) | Anthropologie Sweater | Zara Vegan Leather Shorts (similar here, here & here) | J.Crew Tights | Express Ankle Booties | Karen Walker Sunglasses | Dolce & Gabbana Red 200 Lipstick | Kate Spade Bow Watch | Capwell + Co Bracelets | Capwell + Co RingCapwell + Co Necklace

Photos: Lydia Hudgens

Shop more affordable faux fur vests…

1. 11.5.13
    Tracy commented:

You look great! And nothing wrong with hitting the clearance section and saving for the next season. I live in S. Florida so I love summer clearance because I can still wear through most of the year.

2. 11.5.13
    Jenna commented:

At the end of last winter season, I had the urge to pick up a few fur vests, but never acted on the thought – wish I would have! These great options will help as I stock up for this winter – thanks for sharing :)

3. 11.5.13
    Kristin Waldman commented:

Love the fur vest! What a great find. I’m also obsessed with how you paired it with leather shorts and tights.

4. 11.5.13
    Rachelle commented:

You look gorgeous, love this fun ensemble.

5. 11.5.13

Never been a huge faux fur vest fan but you look adorable in this!

Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

6. 11.5.13
    Rebecca commented:

I love that you paired the shorts with those tights! Perfect for warmer winter weather!

7. 11.5.13
    Kimberly commented:

Ooh this makes me want to bust out my faux fur vest & wear it today – it’s definitely cold enough for it! :)

8. 11.5.13
    Tiffany Elam commented:

I can’t wait until I pull my faux fur vest out- it will be magical!

9. 11.5.13

It’s great to save at the end of season for pieces you know you’ll wear the next.

Rebecca {at} Preppy Panache

10. 11.5.13

Absolutely LOVE this look! I’ve been meaning to get a fur vest for forever… Looks like I need to go to Marshall’s! :) Adorable outfit!

11. 11.5.13
    Chris commented:

Hey Jess… looking GOOD!

Everything about this outfit is SO cute from top to bottom!

12. 11.5.13
    Stacey commented:

I love a good fur vest, I broke mine out the other weekend! I’m on the hit for a black one this year!

Five Minute Style

13. 11.5.13
    Shira commented:

Seriously obsessed. This is so so cute!!

14. 11.5.13
    Emily Ehlers commented:

As a law student the phrase “vested interest” always makes me cringe. But you’ve managed to associate it with something so cute! You look great! I’m totally into vests this season.

15. 11.5.13
    Katie commented:

Eeekkk thanks for the reminder about those Zara leather shorts…I had allllmoostt forgotten about my “need” for them until this outfit! So cute with tights and your fur vest! I’m totally in the same boat with fur vests – I think all of my fur (vests & snoods) have been random end of season sale finds for SO cheap! The best way to do it and you’re right, they never go out of style! 😉

16. 11.5.13
    Sarah commented:

Love the fur vest! I just can’t ever seem to pull the trigger on buying one.

The Purse Snatcher

17. 11.5.13
    Code Overdressed commented:

You rock the mix of textures here! I literally want to print your outfit and wear it, lol. You look fall fantastic!

Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

18. 11.5.13
    Kate commented:

I love everything about this! The leather, fur & dots make for such a fun combo! I have one faux fur vest but I find it so overwhelming. I think I need to find a slightly smaller version! I always love the look on others, but mine makes me feel like I’m in a costume! Love this one, and can’t wait to see the green one!

19. 11.5.13
    Chelsea commented:

These leather shorts are SO GOOD Jessica! I love this outfit for Fall.

Chelsea & The City

20. 11.5.13
    Annick commented:

LOVING the polka dot sleeves peeking through the fur! Great look! Loving that you added a long necklace as well!

Bold Subtlety

21. 11.5.13
    Chloe commented:

I wear my fur vest with everything!! I love how you paired it with leather shorts — fabulous.
    xx Chloe

22. 11.5.13

I dragged my feet about getting one, but once I took the plunge I was hooked — I’ve been on the lookout for a long-line one to layer with cozy sweaters or a flannel dress!

23. 11.5.13
    Olivia commented:

LOVE the Anthropologie sweater with the vest! It’s been on my wish list, but I couldn’t find it in stores to try on. It looks so good on you, so I think that justifies buying it online :) Can’t wait to see the Club Monaco vest!

24. 11.5.13

ohh love that fur vest! im on the hunt for the perfect one! x

& Pretty Things

25. 11.5.13
    Nikki commented:

OMG I love this! I love the faux fur vest, I love the polka dot sweater, I love the leather shorts… you look fab! I want this whole look in my closet now.

26. 11.5.13
    Grown-up Thrift Girl commented:

It’s great finding stuff on sale at the end of a season except that it’s hard to have to wait sometimes for months before wearing them… However, when that season finally comes around, it’s so fun pulling out those clothes. I have found many times that I had forgotten about new pieces I had bought and it’s so exciting to have something new to wear that was already in my closet!

27. 11.5.13
    Vicki commented:

I love the faux fur vest but haven’t found one yet. They all seem to make me look like a bear. Looking forward to seeing your green vest!

<3 Vicki

28. 11.5.13
    Mel commented:

WOW… love this outfit. It’s styled perfectly. You look gorgeous as usual.. Hugs

xo mel
    turquoise blonde

29. 11.5.13
    Jordan commented:

Too Cute!!!!

30. 11.6.13
    Erica commented:

LOVE the fur paired with the leather shorts. Super cute.

31. 11.6.13
    Chelsea Pearl commented:

Faux leather shorts are at the very top of my wish list. You style them excellently! Very seasonally appropriate.

32. 11.6.13
    Tia commented:

I am becoming a big fan of these! They add such an edgy-chic look. LOVE it!
    xo Tia |

33. 11.6.13
    Agi commented:

Gorgeous outfit Jessica. Very glamorous. The polka dot top is gorgeous.

Don’t forget to link up tomorrow to my weekly Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday Link Up.

34. 11.6.13
    Kristin commented:

I think I’ve literally searched for a million years for a tan/brownish fur vest! I have two black ones and a cream, but still no brown! Grrr… End rant. Anyway, you look adorable! Love the leather shorts!

35. 11.7.13
    cait commented:

LOVE this! That top is so great – I had fallen for a dress with a similar bodice from Nordstrom so I think it’s a closet must.

36. 11.7.13
    dollbaby1 commented:

Gorgeous outfit! The vest puts it over the top…love it!

37. 11.25.13

Love that vest! Such a fun boho look, I love the combination of fabrics & textures. <3

38. 12.15.13
    Leah commented:

What a fabulously cute look!

39. 12.20.13
    Allie Mackin commented:

Love leather and fur though all mine are faux. Love this look and I own similar pieces so I could actually pull this off! : )

Allie of ALLIE NYC