Vested Interest

by Jessica Sturdy on November 5, 2013

Fur Vest, Faux Fur, Leather Shorts

I finally broke out the faux fur vests! And it was kind of like Christmas. At the end of last season, I couldn’t resist a few sale finds. Some may call me crazy for purchasing furry pieces in May, but I have to disagree. Sure, I realized that I wouldn’t be wearing said vests for many months, but does a fur vest go out of style? That’s what I thought!

I picked up this Vince Camuto faux fur vest at Marshalls and another deep green faux fur vest at Club Monaco. I’m sure the latter will be here on Bows & Sequins very soon!

Karen Walker Sunglasses, Faux Fur Vest, Red Lipstick

All Black Outfit, Fall, Faux Fur, Vest, Tights

Fall Outfit, Faux Fur Vest, Leather Shorts

Karen Walker, Sunglasses, Super Duper, Red Lipstick

Fall Outfit, NYC, Faux Fur Vest, Leather Shorts, Booties

Vince Camuto Faux Fur Vest (similar here & here) | Anthropologie Sweater | Zara Vegan Leather Shorts (similar here, here & here) | J.Crew Tights | Express Ankle Booties | Karen Walker Sunglasses | Dolce & Gabbana Red 200 Lipstick | Kate Spade Bow Watch | Capwell + Co Bracelets | Capwell + Co RingCapwell + Co Necklace

Photos: Lydia Hudgens

Shop more affordable faux fur vests…

Tracy November 5, 2013 at 8:18 am

You look great! And nothing wrong with hitting the clearance section and saving for the next season. I live in S. Florida so I love summer clearance because I can still wear through most of the year.

Tracy

Jenna November 5, 2013 at 8:21 am

At the end of last winter season, I had the urge to pick up a few fur vests, but never acted on the thought – wish I would have! These great options will help as I stock up for this winter – thanks for sharing :)

Kristin Waldman November 5, 2013 at 8:25 am

Love the fur vest! What a great find. I’m also obsessed with how you paired it with leather shorts and tights.

Rachelle November 5, 2013 at 8:54 am

You look gorgeous, love this fun ensemble.

Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl November 5, 2013 at 8:56 am

Never been a huge faux fur vest fan but you look adorable in this!

xoxo
Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

Rebecca November 5, 2013 at 9:28 am

I love that you paired the shorts with those tights! Perfect for warmer winter weather!

agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

Kimberly November 5, 2013 at 9:31 am

Ooh this makes me want to bust out my faux fur vest & wear it today – it’s definitely cold enough for it! :)

Tiffany Elam November 5, 2013 at 9:37 am

I can’t wait until I pull my faux fur vest out- it will be magical!

xo,
Tiffany
shoeschampagne.blogspot.com

Rebecca {at} Preppy Panache November 5, 2013 at 9:43 am

It’s great to save at the end of season for pieces you know you’ll wear the next.

Rebecca {at} Preppy Panache

Kelly in the City November 5, 2013 at 10:04 am

Absolutely LOVE this look! I’ve been meaning to get a fur vest for forever… Looks like I need to go to Marshall’s! :) Adorable outfit!

Kelly
kellyinthecity.com

Chris November 5, 2013 at 10:08 am

Hey Jess… looking GOOD!

Everything about this outfit is SO cute from top to bottom!

Stacey November 5, 2013 at 10:12 am

I love a good fur vest, I broke mine out the other weekend! I’m on the hit for a black one this year!

xoxo
Stacey
Five Minute Style

Shira November 5, 2013 at 11:18 am

Seriously obsessed. This is so so cute!!

Emily Ehlers November 5, 2013 at 11:25 am

As a law student the phrase “vested interest” always makes me cringe. But you’ve managed to associate it with something so cute! You look great! I’m totally into vests this season.

Katie November 5, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Eeekkk thanks for the reminder about those Zara leather shorts…I had allllmoostt forgotten about my “need” for them until this outfit! So cute with tights and your fur vest! I’m totally in the same boat with fur vests – I think all of my fur (vests & snoods) have been random end of season sale finds for SO cheap! The best way to do it and you’re right, they never go out of style! ;)

xx
Katie

Sarah November 5, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Love the fur vest! I just can’t ever seem to pull the trigger on buying one.

The Purse Snatcher

Code Overdressed November 5, 2013 at 1:26 pm

You rock the mix of textures here! I literally want to print your outfit and wear it, lol. You look fall fantastic!

Cee. ♥
Code Overdressed

Kate November 5, 2013 at 3:29 pm

I love everything about this! The leather, fur & dots make for such a fun combo! I have one faux fur vest but I find it so overwhelming. I think I need to find a slightly smaller version! I always love the look on others, but mine makes me feel like I’m in a costume! Love this one, and can’t wait to see the green one!

Chelsea November 5, 2013 at 3:52 pm

These leather shorts are SO GOOD Jessica! I love this outfit for Fall.

xoxo,
Chelsea & The City

Annick November 5, 2013 at 3:53 pm

LOVING the polka dot sleeves peeking through the fur! Great look! Loving that you added a long necklace as well!

Bold Subtlety

Chloe November 5, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I wear my fur vest with everything!! I love how you paired it with leather shorts — fabulous.
xx Chloe

Liz {What Dress Code?} November 5, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I dragged my feet about getting one, but once I took the plunge I was hooked — I’ve been on the lookout for a long-line one to layer with cozy sweaters or a flannel dress!

Olivia November 5, 2013 at 4:44 pm

LOVE the Anthropologie sweater with the vest! It’s been on my wish list, but I couldn’t find it in stores to try on. It looks so good on you, so I think that justifies buying it online :) Can’t wait to see the Club Monaco vest!

Daisy // & Pretty Things November 5, 2013 at 4:49 pm

ohh love that fur vest! im on the hunt for the perfect one! x

& Pretty Things

Nikki November 5, 2013 at 5:44 pm

OMG I love this! I love the faux fur vest, I love the polka dot sweater, I love the leather shorts… you look fab! I want this whole look in my closet now.

Nikki
thefashionablewife.com

Grown-up Thrift Girl November 5, 2013 at 6:49 pm

It’s great finding stuff on sale at the end of a season except that it’s hard to have to wait sometimes for months before wearing them… However, when that season finally comes around, it’s so fun pulling out those clothes. I have found many times that I had forgotten about new pieces I had bought and it’s so exciting to have something new to wear that was already in my closet!

Vicki November 5, 2013 at 9:38 pm

I love the faux fur vest but haven’t found one yet. They all seem to make me look like a bear. Looking forward to seeing your green vest!

<3 Vicki
wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

Mel November 5, 2013 at 10:17 pm

WOW… love this outfit. It’s styled perfectly. You look gorgeous as usual.. Hugs

xo mel
turquoise blonde

Jordan November 5, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Too Cute!!!!

Erica November 6, 2013 at 2:06 am

LOVE the fur paired with the leather shorts. Super cute.
Erica
sweet-endeavors.com

Chelsea Pearl November 6, 2013 at 2:57 am

Faux leather shorts are at the very top of my wish list. You style them excellently! Very seasonally appropriate.

Tia November 6, 2013 at 9:11 am

I am becoming a big fan of these! They add such an edgy-chic look. LOVE it!
xo Tia | http://www.bigcitytyro.com

Agi November 6, 2013 at 11:25 am

Gorgeous outfit Jessica. Very glamorous. The polka dot top is gorgeous.

Don’t forget to link up tomorrow to my weekly Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday Link Up.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

Kristin November 6, 2013 at 10:35 pm

I think I’ve literally searched for a million years for a tan/brownish fur vest! I have two black ones and a cream, but still no brown! Grrr… End rant. Anyway, you look adorable! Love the leather shorts!

cait November 7, 2013 at 8:17 pm

LOVE this! That top is so great – I had fallen for a dress with a similar bodice from Nordstrom so I think it’s a closet must.

dollbaby1 November 7, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Gorgeous outfit! The vest puts it over the top…love it!

Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie November 25, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Love that vest! Such a fun boho look, I love the combination of fabrics & textures. <3

Leah December 15, 2013 at 11:43 am

What a fabulously cute look!

EatPrayWearLove

Allie Mackin December 20, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Love leather and fur though all mine are faux. Love this look and I own similar pieces so I could actually pull this off! : )

Allie of ALLIE NYC