Sporty Sneaks

by Jessica Sturdy on July 19, 2012

Today we are going a little more high fashion than usual. And in honor of the olympics, let’s get a little sporty. When I first saw hidden wedge sneakers a few months ago, I was like UM, NO, WTF. Hate to say it, but now I’m kind of diggin’ them. I realize these aren’t for everyone, but I think they can be chic with the right outfit. (Proof: here, here, here, here, here.)

top to bottom, left to right

Steve Madden Olympiaa Wedge / Ash Bea Wedge / Ash Bowie Colorblock Wedge / Marc By Marc Jacobs Emerald Wedge / Rebecca Taylor Olympia Wedge / Elenachi Marta-2 Wedge / Ash Bowie Wedge

I’ll probably go with the Steve Madden pair. In my eyes, it’s best to not spend a lot on a trend that doesn’t have a whole lot of sticking-around potential.

Jessica of I'll Take That in Purple July 19, 2012 at 8:48 am

I’ve pretty much fallen in love with the Isabel Marant platform sneakers, but at almost $800 a pop, they’re a little out of my NYC girl budget. So glad you put together some awesome (affordable!) alternatives! Def going to check these out.

Jessica July 19, 2012 at 9:19 am

I still think some of these (around $300) are even too high. The Steve Madden pair is around $100. I’ve also seen a Jeffrey Campbell pair (since I’ve written this post) that was around $170, I believe. Hope you find a pair you like!

pretty little things July 19, 2012 at 9:30 am

I don’t think I could ever rock these – but I’ve seen women in nyc sporting them. Its definitely a funky look, but not for everyone!

Alicia July 19, 2012 at 11:32 am

Great picks! Thanks so much for including me as proof! :)

Lindsey July 19, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Im actually loving the high top sneaker look lately, not going to lie. Heal or no heal.

Love your blog!

Rachel July 19, 2012 at 2:59 pm

LOVE this sneakers, so cute!

Rachel’s Lookbook

Ayumi July 23, 2012 at 6:26 am

Oh my gosh! I was just thinking of writing about the swedge (sneaker wedge lol) too! I was coveting those, so I have been researching on which one to get.. I narrowed down to Ash or Steve Madden since I just want a simple taupe/nude color that goes practically anything I wear, hopefully…. Please post an outfit if you ever get to buy one! hehe :)

Ayumi