Florida Floral

by Jessica Sturdy on May 21, 2012

Hello there, Happy Monday! Sorry for being MIA last week… It was nice to be (almost) unplugged for a few days on vacation in Naples, Florida! I briefly checked email/tweeted/instagramed from my phone, but I didn’t get on my computer at all. A very nice break! :)

Three of my girlfriends and I went to Naples for Spring Break two years ago with a larger group and we’ve been itching to go back! We got in to Florida early on Wednesday morning and laid by the pool most of the afternoon, even though it was overcast. The forecast was calling for thunderstorms every day of our trip, but we only got hit with clouds on our first day. We had perfect weather the last three days! No complaints here. :)

On Wednesday night we dined at Tommy Bahama’s in Naples. I had the Ahi Tuna and a Pineapple Jalapeno Mojito and both were scrumptious!

Ellen wore this dress to dinner a few weeks ago and I knew I was going to have to buy it, too! I absolutely love the floral print. Thanks for the inspiration, El! :)

Outfit Details :: Dress: H&M (similar style here)// Sandals: Aldo // Clutch: Jason Wu for Target // Bracelet: Borrowed from Ellen // Necklace: Nordstrom – Cara Accessories // Toes: Essie ‘Trophy Wife’ // Nails: OPI Gel Color ‘Strawberry Margarita’

Sara and I were goofing off while trying to think of “new poses” for outfit pictures and decided we should get a picture of me trying to kick my heels together. We weren’t successful…

And here’s a picture of the group after dinner….

Sara, Ellen, me, and Jo!

PennyPincherFashion (@PPFGirl) May 21, 2012 at 8:06 am

Aww, pretty ladies! I have the pant version of your dress (in the same floral print) and love them! Those pictures of you jumping totally cracked me up – you got some good air! :)

nerisbuzov May 21, 2012 at 8:37 am

all of you look gorgeous!
this dress is amazing!

xoxo,

Fashion Fractions

Taylor (The Wearist) May 21, 2012 at 8:39 am

Those sandals are fab, minimalistic and chic! Hope you had a great vacation!

Sandy a la Mode May 21, 2012 at 9:38 am

love your dress and sandals sweetie!! your jumping pics are soo fun!!

racheltr May 21, 2012 at 9:39 am

Such a pretty dress! I keep seeing this H&M pattern and now I really want this dress too!

Joanne Mason (@joannealma) May 21, 2012 at 10:02 am

such a cute outfit! Love:)

Sam B. May 21, 2012 at 10:27 am

How cute is that clutch!? Can’t believe it’s from Target! I haven’t seen anything from the Jason Wu for Target line — shame on me.

Diana May 21, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Ooh I have this clutch but I haven’t used it yet, you just reminded me how cute it is :-). This dress is so cute on you. Btw, your pis of kicking your heels together had me cracking up.

D

Kristin Clark (@KristinClarkFSU) May 21, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Nice jumping pics! ahahaha LOVED IT…I got a good laugh out at work :)

Kristin

Erica May 21, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Super cute dress! Those last photos are hysterical :)

Sara May 21, 2012 at 8:18 pm

So glad to hear everyone enjoyed my photog skills with Jessica jumping in the air, especially in such an adorable outfit. :) It took a few attempts, but we got some decent ones!

Hallie Wilson (@coralsncognacs) May 21, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Your dress is freakin’ adorable too! Love those stripes. Jealous of your vaca!

Tiffany Elam May 21, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Such a goregous dress! So happy that the weather cooperated with you while vacationing!!

Tiffany

Hallie Wilson (@coralsncognacs) May 21, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Oh dear God:

1. The second “kicking” photo is my favorite. I am DYING over here!!!! Hahahaaa amazing. Could you imagine if I tried to do that when photographing myself?
2. That dress is AMAZING! Cannot believe it’s H&M. I may have to venture there after work tomorrow… Damn it.
3. You didn’t use your computer the entire week? Girl, please teach me how to vacation. I don’t think I know how.
4. You look a-mazing!
5. Welcome back! :)

x H

bestie May 21, 2012 at 11:35 pm

love being unplugged for a few days – it’s much needed for the soul once in awhile.

adore the dress – you look super relaxed!!!

Nikki May 23, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Love this dress so much I’m going to order it! What size did you end up getting not sure if I should size up from my regular small to medium since H&M is known to run smaller, what do you suggest?

Thanks~!

Jessica May 24, 2012 at 11:23 am

At H&M, I fluctuate between a small and a medium, depending on the piece. My dress is a Small and it fits just fine. Hope this helps!

Ellen March 7, 2013 at 12:55 am

Thank you for reminding me why I diet now.