Brights & No Tights

Oh hello, Spring. Fancy seeing you here. I was all smiles wearing my skirt without tights yesterday. (I kind of really hate wearing tights.) Well, not all smiles… there were a few cringes when I looked down at my pasty legs. Come on, Summer, I need a tan!

I couldn’t decide which accessory I liked better… the neon-pink necklace or the chartreuse scarf. I ended up wearing the scarf to work instead of the necklace, but figured I’d take pictures with both! Which do you like better?

Navy Turtle-neck Sweater: J.Crew
Confetti Tweed Skirt: J.Crew
Chartreuse Scarf: J.Crew
Neon Link Necklace: J.Crew (similar)
Bow Flats: Me Too
Bracelet: Sequin NYC (similar)
Watch: Michael Kors (similar)
Short Trench: Gap

I didn’t realize I was essentially wearing J.Crew head-to-toe until I got in my car, but I can’t say this is the first time this has happened. It’s kind of a problem at times. I need to work on expanding my go-to stores a bit!

PS- This was my frist tripod experience. (I know, I know. I FINALLY bought one!) Kind of a nightmare, but I’ll hopefully get used to it soon!

27 Comments

1. 3.8.12
    ppfgirl commented:

I think I like the scarf better, but either way…you look totally cute! I bought a tripod last year and have only used it twice – it’s hard to get used to! :)

• 3.8.12
      Jessica commented:

Thank you! I’m hoping it gets a little less awkward soon. You’d think it would be totally fine because no one else is around, but it’s just strange, especially trying to work with the lighting indoors!

2. 3.8.12
    Anna commented:

I think I like the scarf better. Both are cute though. Love that skirt, too!
    Anna

3. 3.8.12
    ina commented:

i think i like the scarf better too!
    love your blog and i am crazy about the crew too.

ina-wonderland.blogspot.com

• 3.8.12
      Jessica commented:

Yay, I’m glad I chose the scarf!

4. 3.8.12
    Ellen commented:

I like the scarf better! Also- tripod pics looks great!

5. 3.8.12
    Dominique commented:

The scraf one was def my favorite! Nice pics too :)

6. 3.8.12

Love the scarf! Amazing skirt too! The weather here keeps going from 50 to below 32, so for now I’m sticking to tights :) I’m ready for bare legs though!

xoxo,
    Rachel

• 3.8.12
      Jessica commented:

The weather has been super bipolar here, too! There were flurries this morning when I was walking to the bus. So I’m glad left the tights at home on the one day I could!

7. 3.8.12
    Ashley commented:

Love both looks but for early-March the scarf still works best!

• 3.8.12
      Jessica commented:

Glad we’re on the same page :)

8. 3.8.12
    snmnstrz21 commented:

Scarf, all the way! Perfect for the weather the past two days.

I ALMOST went out bare-legged but couldn’t quite pull it off. I think I’m too stuck in the tights rut!

• 3.8.12
      Jessica commented:

I wish I was better at wearing tights! I feel like they always look … off … on me. I don’t know what it is! The only time I don’t mind wearing them is when they’re stark black and I have black in my dress or in my top if I’m wearing a skirt.

9. 3.8.12
    Tiffany Elam commented:

Cute skirt. I need to invest in a tripod since my roomies are never around when I need a photog.

Tiffany

• 3.8.12
      Jessica commented:

It was under $30 on Amazon! I just kept running into times where I had no one to take my pictures and then wouldn’t have a post… Decided to take matters into my own hands :)

10. 3.8.12
    Jennifer commented:

I like both looks, but I think since it’s still early March the scarf works better. I will probably be wearing my tights until it is too warm to wear them. Then you can see what really pasty legs look like :).

• 3.8.12
      Jessica commented:

Glad I picked the scarf… No votes for the necklace!

11. 3.8.12
    Kate commented:

Definitely the scarf – sets everything off. If you wore bobby sox your ankles and feet shade difference would not show (just kidding).

• 3.8.12
      Jessica commented:

The scarf definitely ties everything together!

12. 3.8.12
    Tiff commented:

I think the top half and bottom half of your outfit do NOT go together. I appreciate trying new things and thinking outside the box, but this was a huge miss. I really like most of your other stuff & I’m not trying to bring you down, but, in my opinion, this outfit is just bad. I think that you usually go for a theme for an outfit, so that everything ties into something else, but I don’t see it here.

• 3.8.12
      Jessica commented:

Thanks for your comment. No worries, you’re not bringing me down. My “theme” here was the colors in the skirt… pinks, blues, greens, yellows… hence the navy sweater and the chartreuse scarf.

13. 3.8.12

LOVE the all J crew look (happens to me all the time!)

14. 3.14.12

I like the skirt or the necklace but the look is cute either way! Loving those shoes, too!

15. 11.19.14
    olaf commented:

you should wear thight for the beautiful pics