Colored Cords

by Jessica Sturdy on January 4, 2012

A preppy little outfit for dinner with friends, Zoo Lights at the Lincoln Park Zoo, and drinks with some other friends. (Not gonna lie.. my waistline is very glad that all of these holiday get-togethers are coming to an end. Dinners & drinks galore.)

Blouse: J.Crew (similar)
Cords: AG for Calypso (similar) (other outfit posts with these cords — 1 / 2 / 3)
Belt: J.Crew
Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden (other outfit posts with these loafers — 1 / 2)
Watch: Michael Kors
Multi-Color Bracelet: Cara Accessories
Nails: OPI ‘Vodka & Caviar’

I don’t know what it is, but I’m constantly pairing these cords with navy and white stripes (see here). Any other suggestions for peachy pink pants?!

(Photog: Megan H)

ppfgirl January 4, 2012 at 7:06 am

So jealous you got that shirt – it sold out in my size before I could buy it! :( Love this look from head to toe!!

fshnonmymind January 4, 2012 at 8:16 am

I love the color of your cords! They are a soft color that lends itself well to other colors…like blue, lol.
I think these would look great with yellow, gray, and if you want to go a bit bolder, orange. I saw a similar shade of cords with an orange top in the J. Crew catalog and thought it was so unexpected, but totally worked.

Erica January 4, 2012 at 8:51 am

Cute! Have you tried it with camel, navy, or chambray?

Coleen January 4, 2012 at 6:54 pm

love this outfit! i got this shirt and couldn’t decide what pants to wear with it… thanks.

Ashley January 23, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Okay, I’m such a fan of red pants. Maybe it’s the East Coast prep in me! This is so preppy chic — love the look!

Simone February 1, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Hi,

I love your blog! If you don’t mind me asking what size is your J.Crew shirt? I heart that shirt! I think you are like a size smaller than me and I need help picking size! Thanks!

Jessica February 2, 2012 at 7:06 am

It’s at the dry cleaner, but I am almost positive it’s a 0. Hope this helps! :)