Case of the Mondays

by Jessica Sturdy on November 9, 2011

Monday was a case of the Mondays, Sundays, and Saturdays. You may have seen my tweet that read something along the lines of Monday being ‘day from hell number three.’ It all started when I cut the ball of my foot open from a rusty nail on Saturday. (Buhbye heels and working out. Hopefully infection steers clear.) Sunday I got some sort of food poisoning/stomach bug at dinner because I woke up in the middle of the night with a serious case of nausea–not fun. Then I dropped my digital camera (thankfully just my point and shoot) on Monday and jammed the lens.

After learning that it would be at least a week and $150 to get my camera fixed, I decide to un-jam that lens myself. And I did! It’s working perfectly fine now! I guess my luck started to turn around. :)

Blazer: J.Crew
Shirt: J.Crew (very similar)
Jeans: Paige
Flats: Tory Burch
Watch: Michael Kors

^^ last picture was taken after I had just dropped my camera and was on the verge of a meltdown. may or may not have been joking about laying in the street…

(Photographer: Emily… on my iPhone, because my camera was temporarily f*cked)

Erica November 9, 2011 at 8:10 am

I love the simplicity of this look. Hope your week turns around :)

Amber from Real Girl Glam November 9, 2011 at 11:12 am

OMG you definitely did have 3 days from hell! At least this look is cute though and woo hoo for fixing your camera on you own! :)

Sara @ Gameday Stylist November 9, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Ugh when it rains it pours! Glad to hear you fixed your came. Your outfit is super cute.

- Sara @ Gameday Stylist

Sorcha November 9, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Ow! Glad things seem to be turning around. I once cut my foot standing on a pair of manicure scissors. Yup, the ones that curve to the side… they curved right up into my foot!

Your camel blazer is gorgeous though, so that’s always an upside.

Heather November 9, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Poor Jessica! Hope your foot is on the mend! Wishing you a terrific Thursday!

simplicityisultimatesophistication November 10, 2011 at 10:34 am

aw girl…I hope you start feeling better! You look adorable…
question- do the TB revas kill your heels or how long did it take to break them in?

Sher S. December 14, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I love your simple, preppy style! I found your blog while doing a search for Ivanka’s Magnoli leopard flats. Love your fashion-sense! =-)